Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mail moving to deleted items when told not to
  •  
BudDurland

Send a private message to this user
We are using MailArchiva message archiver with our Kerio Connect 8.13 setup. There is a dedicated mail account (mailarchiva<_at_>ourdomain.com), and the system sends an archive copy of all mail there. I logged into the web client using that account, and set the option to "permanently delete messages".

MailArchiva logs into the account via IMAP, does it's thing and deletes messages and expunges the inbox. The messages still end up in the "deleted items" folder. I've also tried setting the account so that the automatic system cleanout agent will get rid of everything older than 2 days, but that agent apparently cannot keep up; I have to go in once a week or so and clear the older deleted items.

Does anyone have any advice on where else to look to prevent this? Looking a the IMAP debug logs is relatively useless. I have many IMAP users, and it's hard to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
Vicky

Hi Bud,

Do you have the auto expunge option in the mailserver.cfg enabled? We have a kb article that shows user how to turn this feature off but you could do the opposite and use it as a reference to turn it on.

http://kb.kerio.com/753

However if you enable this option it affects the whole server and all users. There is not a way to limit this feature to just one user account.

I hope this helps,
Vicky
  •  
BudDurland

Almost all of my users are on OutLook using the off-line connector. Looking at it appears that when the user deletes a message, it is moved to the "deleted Items" folder. That is, I see an explicit "move" log entry. WebMail seems to behave the same way.

Using Thunderbird or emClient, with the local "expunge Inbox on Exit" option set, all I see is the "delete" operation, so I have to presume that when the deleted message shows up in the "deleted items" folder, that's because of some action the server is taking?

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
Previous Topic: Shutting down Kerio
Next Topic: Preferred Method with Apple Mail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 05:19:30 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00425 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.