Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Is there any way to limit users with time quota ?
  •  
Ajkan

Send a private message to this user
Hey everybody ,
I was wondering if it is possible to limit users with time quota in days or weeks or even months .
For example limit a vpn user to have the ability to connect for 3 hours in a day , even better combine it with traffic usage quota like with 3 GB of bandwidth usage .
it would be very handy . please advise me of its availability and if so how to config it .

thanks and have an A1 day .
  •  
Vicky

Hi Ajkan,

Probably the only way you could achieve this is to set a traffic rule that has a time range applied to it. So you could set a time range for a period of time and apply it to a rule that denies or blocks http/https traffic for a user(s).

otherwise the quota limit in the users settings are the only thing you can use at the moment to manage a quota for a user within Kerio Control.

I hope this helps,
Vicky
  •  
Ajkan

Hi Vicky
thank you for your reply , but I was wondering to do it for dynamic hours in a day ..
for example giving a user 2 hours of internet usage in a day .
so the user can connect and use for 20 min .. then disconnect and connect 4 hours later and have 1:40 min left to use .
do you have any idea if is this possible or not .. can I create a configuration file somewhere and import it or else ..
and if not is it going to be in next versions or not ?
thank you again , and have good day .
  •  
silars

What you are asking for would be for a AAA (RADIUS) backend for the VPN. There are attributes that control how long a user can be connected.

However, this is not a trivial change, unless they already have RADIUS support built-in somewhere.

Obviously, you could consider 3rd party VPN servers that do this. Some are even free.
  •  
Ajkan

Thanx silars .
I'm kind of new to kerio control .. (in that I'm deploying it in a enterprise environment )
I was wondering if kerio control have any HA and does that includes for configurations as well .
  •  
silars

The only HA natively built into Kerio is the ability to handle multiple uplinks. The other option would be to use the IPv6 RA features. However, I doubt you are operating an IPv6 network.

Otherwise, you'd have to rely on routing protocols to protect your default gateway.

There are a few games I can think of, but would require non-Kerio products and unusual configurations.
Previous Topic: VPN client routing
Next Topic: Reverse proxy feature
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 18:18:16 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00440 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.