Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » PRI / handoff
  •  
nhoague

Send a private message to this user
I am in the discovery phase of Operator for a 65 user company and would have to utilize PRI. Problem is their current PBX also has an output where 4 analog lines are connected to a fax server. Can Operator 3210 do this? Have a RJ45 output and then I can split that to this fax server?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi Nick,

Operator does not support Digium cards with the FXS ports. But you can easily replace that with an ATA or a SIP-to-FXS gateway.

Vladimir
  •  
nhoague

Thanks, I'll look into this. So this device would allow multiple numbers to be handed off from Operator, and then converted to analog to be used with a fax server?

Does that make sense?

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

If the fax server only has analog input and they want to keep it, then using an ATA is the only way. You could also have direct analog lines that would bypass Operator.

Vladimir
  •  
nhoague

Ok cool, that helps answer my question. I am also contemplating purchasing a separate Operator to handle JUST fax numbers. So I would have one Operator for voice and one for fax.

I rememeber seeing a post about having more than 100 routes, so that is why I am thinking about two boxes, unless that isn't a problem anymore?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Editing many numbers is not easy and also the dial plan generated for Asterisk gets more complex which might be an issue with some low-power CPUs.
  •  
nhoague

So, reading between the lines ... don't do this? haha
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

You can have as many routes as you need, just managing many numbers on the external interface is more difficult.
  •  
nhoague

Sorry to bring this up again ... but this is getting more real ...

So blunt question, can the Operator 3210 handle more than 100 call routes? Is there a better way to manage this many numbers? Can I modify Asterisk config directly? I see the Operator 3210 hardware specs state 150 concurrent calls, so obviously it can handle the traffic, and if I need (for growth) I could just buy another one and link them together?

Thanks!
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

The routing is simpler if you have 10 or 100 external numbers. Otherwise you need to enumerate all the external numbers which is difficult.

Load balancing/clustering is not supported. Is that what you are asking about?
  •  
nhoague

So alot of these numbers are in chronological order, so that should make it easier, is that what you mean?

I am aware load balancing is not supported, just wondering if I could make use of the option to add external PBX?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi Nick,

If you have 10, 100, or 1000 external numbers, Operator lets you use a routing rule like the following:

(External) 55512XX <--> (Internal) 1XX

This is much simpler than enumerating all the external numbers on the interface.

You can create an interface that connects your Operator instance with another PBX. If you need to do call relay (routing calls arriving to an external number on PBX1 to some extension on PBX2), you will need to use speed dials on PBX1.

Vladimir
  •  
nhoague

Ah I got it, ok thanks, this makes sense.

Thanks Vladimir! Smile
Previous Topic: PCI Scan failures - weak ciphers and ssl2
Next Topic: Inbound Problem from Kerio - NexVortex
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 16 15:22:54 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00522 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.