Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Dial plan blues ...
  •  
nhoague

Send a private message to this user
Hey guys,

So sometimes phone calls come in with a plus sign (+) in front of the number, like this +15551231234. I thought to myself not a problem, I'll just strip off the first digit in the call routing. This works great, and removes the plus sign. So now the number is 15551231234. Perfect.

Sometimes the number comes in without even a plus sign. So 15551231234 becomes 5551231234. Ok not a problem either. I have a Cisco dial plan that is able to dial those numbers.

However, SOMETIMES, the number comes in without even a "1" in front of it. So 5551231234 becomes 551231234. PROBLEM! I can't redial this number because my Cisco dial plan adds a 1 and the number becomes 1551231234.

What can I do? Is it possible to add a rule in Operator that will recognize the plus sign (+) and remove it?

Thanks! Oh and here is my dial plan if it will help.

(P30[23456789]11|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|<:1>[2-9] xx[2-9]xxxxxx|[x*].)

I received this from my SIP carrier:
---
Please enable "e164" protocol if your phone system has that option.

e164 adds the "+" sign within the routing.

If your system does not have that protocol, then your system will need to be able to strip the "+" off in order to make a redial call.
---

Any thoughts? Still going to be the same problem when I call comes in without the plus sign and the "1" then I have no idea what the first digit is in the area code.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 October 2013 01:08]

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

Are you really getting all these prefix combinations from the same SIP carrier? The usually send the calling numbers in a more or less normalized format.

If switching to E.164 means they will send the + sign always, you would at least know you always have to strip it.

The current rewriting in Operator lets you strip a fixed number of digits. We have ideas about what we call "advanced" routing that would let admins create complex call routing rules. No actual work has been done towards that so far, besides some schema drawing. It will be considered as one of the candidate features for version 2.3. We know it would be useful even though most of our current customers are happy with the existing 'simple' routing.

Vladimir
  •  
nhoague

Hi Vladimir,

Yes this is all from one SIP carrier. I have asked them already why so random or sporadic on the calling numbers; waiting to hear back on that.

So is this e.164 something that is adjustable?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

E.164 is an ITU-T recommendation about the international numbering plan. When SIP telcos talk about "E.164" they usually mean that they signal the numbers with the leading "+", followed by the country code (like +1408... ). Hence you would know up front how many digits you need to remove in the the rewriting rule.

Previous Topic: Auto attendant question
Next Topic: Phone provisioning on Kerio Operator 2.2.0 beta 3
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Sep 23 00:34:24 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00381 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.