Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Unable to deliver mail to Kerio
  •  
sjgdigital

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I've just swapped from a standard OS X server setup to a Kerio installation.

Internal mail is fine but whenever any external mail tries to be delivered, it gets queued with the error:

Response: 451 4.4.2 [internal] no BODY response

Anyone ever seen this before? Is there anything on the server that could be causing this issue? I've been using Symantec.cloud in the past and that appears to be configured correctly.

A telnet session into the SMTP server delivers email fine and internal email works fine. I can send email from the server and that arrives at its destination.

TIA,

StuG
  •  
Vicky

Hi Stu,

I would suggest enabling 'SMTP Server' in the debug log of your Kerio Connect. As this will give you more information for the entire SMTP conversation and I personally have not seen this error before so I would be curious to see what the debug log shows with the extra logging enabled.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
sjgdigital

Hi Vicky,

Found the solution to this problem.

This was due to an asymmetrical routing issue on our firewall which seems to be brought on by the speed at which the Symantec.cloud servers communicate. Our firewall handles three different internet connections, one of which is the external SMTP feed on a static IP address.

The initial SMTP handshake worked fine but there seemed to be a delay between the end of the initial handshake and the transmission of the DATA. This meant that the traffic was sent out of the firewall on a different interface to the one that it came in with.

Note, this problem only happened from the Symantec.cloud service. Any other SMTP server could relay in just fine. Strangely enough, all the tests that Symantec/Messagelabs carried out from their end worked fine.

A strange one which took a lot of time to resolve but it wasn't a Kerio issue (I knew it wouldn't be).

Regards,

Stu
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect 8.2.0 RC2 released
Next Topic: Upgrading to version 8.1.3
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 01:55:09 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00389 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.