Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » smtp settings & hot spare
  •  
yukiomishima

Send a private message to this user
howdy

i just ran tests from mxtoolbox on our domain and received the following warnings:

SMTP Reverse DNS Mismatch: Warning - Reverse DNS does not match SMTP Banner

SMTP TLS: Warning - Does not support TLS

what can i do on the kerio server side to sort these issues out

also

i m looking to have a "hot spare" server setup at a colo... and was wondering the best way to get the data across to the colo machine from the "live" server... can i use something like chronosync, carbon copy clone to copy the data... or is there a better way.. and... which data should i be porting across so all i need to do is enable kerio on this machine and it is a perfect replica of our main server

and... even though this server will not be in use unless in an emergency (ie. our primary mail server goes down).... can i use the same serial number etc that we have for our primary mail server.. so that when it is called into action.... it is ready to rock?

thanks in advance for any help
  •  
MacLab

Send a private message to this user
To fix reverse DNS you'll need to get your ISP to add a reverse lookup record in DNS for your mail server. It has to be done at your colo ISP.

As far as the hot spare, search these forums. There is a lot of information. Nothing is 100% automatic but you can come close. Cloning solutions are good although not supported by Kerio because data can show up corrupted. Keeping the storage separate from the boot drive is good so that you can move it to another server.

Some issues such as IP address etc you'll need to work with if you have a second server.

A good practice is to have plenty of spare hardware to swap quickly, good backup AND a clone of everything. Smile

MacLab, Inc.
Kerio Certified Partner, Reseller, Hosting Provider, Kerio Connect Certified.
http://maclaboratory.com
Previous Topic: add to public contacts on iphone
Next Topic: Handling of blacklists checks
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 18:34:55 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00359 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.