Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Call group or queue that ignores forwards
  •  
Silverstar

Send a private message to this user
Hi folks,

I need your help realizing the following scenario:

Beside our personal extensions per user we have a neutral extension that rings at the reception desk.
Now the receptionist may be away or already an the phone.
Than any further calls should fall back to a defined group of people.

I've tried rining groups and call queues but there is one problem:
If any of the members/agents has forwarded his calls for example to his voicemail, the fall back call goes there instead of ringing on the other members/agents.

Any thougts/ideas on that?

Thanks & cheers
Silverstar
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi

When talking about ring group extensions or call queues agents, their ring rules configured in Operator are ignored. If someone configures call forwarding directly on his phone then Operator it behaves the way you described.

I'll see if there is anything we could do.

Filip
  •  
Silverstar

Hi Filip,

thanks for jumping into this.

Yes you're right, at the moment we all set forwards on the phone.
This is because the forwards set in KO are not visible on the phones but users want to see on the display if they have forwarded or not.

Our snoms do support a technology called "dkfs" to achieve the reflection of phone settings in the pbx but it's not yet possible with KO Sad
See: http://forums.kerio.com/m/106143/#msg_106143

Cheers
Silverstar
  •  
Silverstar

Hi Filip,

any further thoughts on that?

Cheers
Silverstar
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

I believe I can fix ring groups to ignore any call forwarding configured on the phone. However, I have to verify that ordinary transfers would still work.

Regarding, dkfs or dfks (Device Feature Key Synchronisation), it is currently not supported by Asterisk.

Filip
  •  
Silverstar

Hi filip,

Quote:
I believe I can fix ring groups to ignore any call forwarding configured on the phone.

That would be great!

I see, that Asterisk don't support dfks.

In the meantime it would be very helpful if you implement (configurable) dial codes for DND and call forward. That would allow an "easy" workaround, as snom phones have the ability to send an on/off code to the PBX:

./fa/3162/0/

See also topic "Syncing DND status with Asterisk/Db (possibly also call forwarding status)" at http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+phone+snom

Cheers
Silverstar

Previous Topic: Dynamic DNS
Next Topic: Windows Phone 8
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 22:10:41 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00432 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.