Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Authentication problems on Mail App, iCal & iPhone
  •  
lennert

Send a private message to this user
Many of my users have to keep authenticating when using Mail App, iCal (10.6, 10.7 10.8)or iPhone. Several times a day they have to reenter their passwords:

e.g. on iPhone "Password Incorrect. Enter the password for the Exchange Account "lennert<at>domain.com"

They then do authenticate and in the debug logs I can see authentication works fine. But within a couple of hours they have to authenticate again.

When I test my connection in the Directory Service Taps it tests ok. (Open Directory Kerberos).

Not quite sure if related but in the warning log I get the following errors several times a day:

[10/Oct/2013 16:08:04] Can't bind to LDAP server msrv1.domain.lan. simple bind failed. User name: uid=diradmin,cn=users,dc=msrv1,dc=domain,dc=lan. Err. code: -1, message: Can't contact LDAP server, LDAP srv. message: (NULL). ThreadId: 3034255360
[10/Oct/2013 16:08:04] Can't bind to LDAP server msrv1.domain.lan using any supported authentication method. 		Username: uid=diradmin,cn=users,dc=msrv1,dc=domain,dc=lan. (ThreadId=3034255360)
[10/Oct/2013 16:08:04] Can't bind to LDAP server xsrv3.domain.lan. simple bind failed. User name: uid=diradmin,cn=users,dc=msrv1,dc=domain,dc=lan. Err. code: -1, message: Can't contact LDAP server, LDAP srv. message: (NULL). ThreadId: 3034255360
[10/Oct/2013 16:08:04] Can't bind to LDAP server xsrv3.domain.lan using any supported authentication method. 		Username: uid=diradmin,cn=users,dc=msrv1,dc=domain,dc=lan. (ThreadId=3034255360)

Don't understand why it would fail to bind to both servers at the same time.

Anybody any hints where to start looking?

NB. Kerio Server 7.4.3 on OS X Server 10.6.8
Previous Topic: KCB 8.0 with Kerio Connect 8.1
Next Topic: MessageID
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 11:22:09 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00404 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.