Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Cannot add Outlook 2013 account on Windows 7 - KOFMSP.DLL error
  •  
nickmhankins

Send a private message to this user
I've tried to do everything by the book on this one, multiple times. I install Outlook 2013 Professional, run it and create an empty account. Close Outlook then Install Kerio Connect (tried both 8.2 and 7.4.1 that is downloaded from the "Windows Integration" page) then go to Control Panel -> Mail and add the profile. Also tried opening Outlook and adding the profile that way. The farthest I've gotten is when I launch Outlook and it tells me I need to upgrade Kerio Connect. Even after I do that, (even tried deleting the profile and making a new one and everything) I either get the error saying "Cannot initate service (C:\Program Files (x86)\Kerio\Outlook Connector (Offline Edition)\KOFMSP.DLL)" OR Kerio is just no longer listed as one of the options to use to add an account. So I either get the dll error, or Kerio upgrades (it even tries to upgrade version 8.2) and then just breaks itself anyway.

I've checked that the .dll file exists and is where it should be, and it's always there. I've checked the environmental variable path and made sure it's listed first, it always is. I've tried the profile creator from the Windows Integration page, it doesn't work. I tried it on THREE different machines, same result.

I spent ~9 hours on this today and got nowhere. I tried literally every single possible variation of installation and setup under the sun. Anyone got any ideas?

[Updated on: Fri, 11 October 2013 05:15]

•  
UnifiedTechs-Brian

First install the connector version from your webmail page, this way you know you will get the correct version for your server..

Also, I know its stupid, but did you reboot the PC after installing the Kerio Connector? We have seen problems with many versions of outlook if you do not reboot after connector install.

- Brian
Kerio Preferred Partner, Reseller & Hosting Provider
Unified Technology Solutions
  •  
nickmhankins

Yea I tried rebooting after installing Outlook then again after installing Kerio
  •  
nickmhankins

I also did first install the version from the webmail page, but then it will tell me I need to upgrade and then throw the .dll error, or then Kerio will just not show up as an option to add the account.
  •  
Neil Whiteside (Kerio)

Hello Nick,

Out of interest, which version of Kerio Connect Server are you running?

Your version of the Kerio Outlook Connector (Offline Edition) should match the server version.

I would completely uninstall Kerio Outlook Connector and the Kerio Updater.

Then run Outlook without setting up an email account - to create an empty profile. This operation sets up the MAPI service.

Then install the correct version of Kerio Outlook Connector. (Note - the bit size should match your version of Outlook; 32 bit Outlook = 32 bit Kerio Outlook Connector; 64/64, etc).

Create a new profile in Outlook, and try setting up the email account.

If still no joy, I would recommend that you raise a support ticket with us, so that we can assist you more closely.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Looking for technical support? http://www.kerio.com/support
  •  
nickmhankins

We are using Connect Server 7.4.1 build 7267.

I have tried using the both the 64 and 32 bit versions of Kerio Connect and both gave the same result. We are using a 32 bit version of Outlook 2013 on a 64 bit Windows 7 (it's what Dell shipped with the computer).

I think I will be creating a support ticket for this one.
  •  
Neil Whiteside (Kerio)

Hi Nick,

I would strongly recommend that you look at upgrading to Connect Server 8.2 for use with Office 2013.

Best regards,

Neil.

•  
nickmhankins

When upgrading the Connect Server to 8.2, will this effect users in any way? Or will they automatically upgrade to the newest Connect software? Some of them are using software as old as Outlook 2003 with XP
  •  
Neil Whiteside (Kerio)

Hi Nick,

I've replied to your support ticket as well: basically very straightforward. Make sure you have a full backup, plus I normally take a copy of the license file, mailserver.cfg and users.cfg files to be safe.

Then it is a case of going to 7.4.3 patch 1; 8.1.3 then 8.2

There are several post install database upgrades that take place, which can hinder the server performance; and PC users will find their Kerio Outlook Connector upgrades at each stage of the process. Outlook will not function whilst this is happening, although users will be able to use webmail.

Best regards,

Neil.

•  
Grabsteinschubser

I had this problem in March with Kerio 8.0 after upgrading from Office 2010 to 2013. My solution was:
1. uninstall KOFF
2. delete the Outlook profiles
3. restart PC
4. install KOFF
5. configure a new Outlook profile

(in German: www.grabsteinschubser.de/2013/03/21/tech-tipp-outlook-2013-u nd-kerio/)

[Updated on: Tue, 15 October 2013 11:49]

Previous Topic: Galaxy S4 on Beta 8.2
Next Topic: 404 Error on delegated Calendar's in iCal
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 06:19:04 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00505 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.