Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Accessing Calendar in Webmail causing Kerio service crash (accessing calendar in webmail causing Kerio to crash)
  •  
Chris B

Send a private message to this user
Hi everyone, we have had a strange situation in Kerio Connect 8.0 on Windows Server 2003 We have had a user who when accessing his calendar via webmail crashes Kerio on the server. According to him, he opens his calendar in webmail,nothing shows up, then the connection is lost to the server. The reason why his connection is lost is because Kerio crashes on the server and we have to restart the service. I've never heard of anything like this before. Anyone else?
  •  
Vicky

Hi Chris,

Have you checked his calendar on the server? It could be that the user may have a very large calendar event that may be causing the problem. I have seen this happen with similar results.

If they do have a large event try:
1. Stop Kerio Connect
2. Remove the large event
3. Rename the index.fld to index.bad (in the calendar only)
4. Start Kerio Connect

If this doesn't help then you may want to raise a support ticket with us so we can check the calendar for you.

I hope this helps,
Vicky
  •  
Chris B

Hi Vicky and thanks for responding. By large calendar event, do you mean one calendar entry that is large or a reoccurring event that has many entries?

I've looked on the server in his calendar folder and the largest individual message (calendar entry) is 997KB and a couple of other entries that are in the 100-185kb range. They all have attachments attached to them. Thanks for all your assistance.
  •  
Vicky

Hi Chris,

If you have one that is close to 1MB it may be worth removing that one event and re-index to see if this fixes the problem. Otherwise I would suggest to raise a support ticket with us as I would think looking at the actual calendar would help us in troubleshooting the issue. If you are able to raise a support ticket please go to this link:

http://www.kerio.com/support

Then I can help you further by looking at the physical calendar.

All the best,
Vicky

[Updated on: Tue, 15 October 2013 11:32]

•  
Chris B

Thanks for your assistance Vicky. I tried removing the large appt and re-indexing, but the same thing happens. I have submitted a support ticket per your suggestion. Thanks again.
Previous Topic: 404 Error on delegated Calendar's in iCal
Next Topic: $instant_messaging - session expired for host 127.0.0.1 from Web Administration..
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 24 08:45:27 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00458 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.