Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » What does "Reject messages as soon as possible" do?
  •  
Silverstar

Send a private message to this user
Hi folks,

playing with custom rules a bit I wonde what this setting is meant for?
[img]http://forums.kerio.com/fa/3161/[/img]

Cheers
Silverstar

[Updated on: Sat, 12 October 2013 17:17]

•  
Lyle M

Sorry to bump this super-old post, but I have the same question.

I'm not having any luck finding this documented in the KB or admin guide. Admittedly, I could just have bad google-foo today - so, be nice and don't post a lmgtfy.com link.

In the web admin, admin/spamfilter/custom rules:
there's an option that now reads: Reject messages as soon as possible (during communication through the SMTP protocol).

I understand the literal of what this does when the box is checked. What I want to know more, is how is Connect's functioning affected when it's not checked. For instance, does unchecking this give more control to user white lists?

Thanks for any insights.
-Lyle
  •  
clan

I understand this means that incoming messages may be rejected before the message body is transmitted to Kerio. This will usually stop blacklisted servers from wasting bandwidth by closing the connection early.
Previous Topic: Disable move to trash
Next Topic: Report of all users mail items, contacts, calendar counts
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Jul 24 16:40:09 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00424 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.