Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Problem (bug) in ical delegation (mac osx 10.8.5)
  •  
Ste73

Send a private message to this user
Take attention pls: if you delegate somebody via ical you'll give him access not only at ical, but even at mbox! You have to delegate via web interface Sad
  •  
Vicky

Hi Ste73,

That is correct, since 8.2 Kerio has now supplied delegation support in iCal. Perhaps yourself and other forums member may find this KB article useful as it shows how you need to share calendars within iCal now:

http://kb.kerio.com/1494

I hope this helps,
Vicky
  •  
jritter23

Is there any way to turn off calendar notifications from shared calendars? In my company we share a lot of calendars between each other but we don't want to receive everyone else's calendar notifications. It gets really confusing when a calendar notification pops on your screen for someone else and you think it is for yourself. I hope there is a way to disable that or calendar sharing will be unusable.
  •  
ebatte

I don't fully understand this. We have the same problem: notifications for all users appear in IOS and the desktop calendar in Mac OS.

We have not implemented delegation on any calendars. They are setup as shared calendars in webmail with all users from domain having "view" access.

Are you saying that that we should disable sharing in webmail and share from ical instead?

Eric
  •  
Vicky

Hi Jritter23 and Eric,

I have found one setting in 10.9 so I hope it is in older versions of Mac OSX if you right click on a calendar->Get Info there is an option that says 'Ignore alerts. You could try this and see if that stops iCal from giving notifications for the other calendars.

Also you do not have to share exclusively from iCal, you can still share from WebMail we have just provided a way for iCal users to share from within iCal instead of having to login to Webmail to share a calendar.

I hope this helps,
Vicky
  •  
Ste73

Vicky Cinelli (Kerio) wrote on Mon, 14 October 2013 15:05
Hi Ste73,

That is correct, since 8.2 Kerio has now supplied delegation support in iCal. Perhaps yourself and other forums member may find this KB article useful as it shows how you need to share calendars within iCal now:

http://kb.kerio.com/1494

I hope this helps,
Vicky

What i mean is: you delegate calendar via ical and you've delegated full mailbox, not only calendar!
  •  
ebatte

Thanks Vicky. I understand. However, there isn't an equivalent setting on IOS and we still get other people's event reminders there.

•  
jritter23

There needs to be a way to universally turn off all event reminders. It has really become a nuisance. That should not be a feature under shared calendars. Maybe under delegated calendars but not just shared calendars.
  •  
ebatte

Furthermore, even without delegation enabled we can receive calendar invitations on other users' calendars AND accept/decline THEIR invitations.

IMHO this is a bug.

For now we can "ignore alerts" in ical but still no way I can tell to do the same on IOS.
  •  
Vicky

Hi Jritter23 and Ebatte,

It would be nice to have a way to disable the notifications for the shared calendars. I would recommend that you get this listed as a feature request. Open up Web Admin and use the 'Suggest Idea' button and list it as a feature request as this will be the best way to get this across to the developers.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
netground

Hi Vicky,

Do you mean that it is a feature that others can (A) see notifications from others in a shared calendar and (B) can accept/decline any invitations from a shared calendar? Can you please explain the thought behind the choice to build it like this?

And I am also curious why the very first question and possible mentioned issue from "Ste73" is ignored. It seems like a serious one.

Herman

Net Ground B.V.
Domainname registration, webhosting, Kerio hostedmail, Streaming VOD and Live streams, Virtual servers (VMware), dedicated servers, managed servers, cloudhosting.

http://www.netground.nl
  •  
Vicky

Hi Herman,

Unfortunately I cannot explain why this was developed this way as this was the route the developers decided to go down. From what users are saying yes they are getting notifications about events but they can accept/decline invitations if they are given the appropriate permissions (such as 'delegation').

In regards to Ste73 first post, I didn't see it as a question but more of a statement so I didn't think it needed a specific answer but I gave him the KB article to show that you can share calendars out from iCal and that you do not need to go to WebMail to manage everything. As that way he had a bit more information about the changed that were implemented in 8.2 as the changes have affected iCal users quite a bit.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
Ste73

Sorry Vicky, my question was really easy:

if i share my cal from iCal i just want to share my cal

in kerio 8.2 if i do it ... i'm sharing my cal (ok) and even all my inbox (NOT OK !!!)
  •  
Vicky

Hi Ste37,

Ok no worries, that is the problem with forums things can be understood in different ways. So I am sorry about that.

From what I can see sharing a calendar in iCal does not automatically share the Inbox unless you make them a delegate, if you right click on a calendar in iCal and choose to share this would be like assigning rights in WebMail (As shown in the KB). The only time a user gets access to the Inbox is if you make them a delegate which is different to sharing.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you need anymore help with this.

All the best,
Vicky
desven

ebatte, in iOS 7 there is an option under Mail, Contacts, Calenndar at the very bottom to disable shared notifications. I'm not 100% sure about the purpose of this button, but it might help.

sven.
Previous Topic: NetBios exposed on OSX client running Connect
Next Topic: LDAP with Sonian
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 14:04:08 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00585 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.