Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » DON'T INSTALL KERIO CONNECT 8.2
  •  
hijacker

Send a private message to this user
Dear all,

I recommend you: Don't install Kerio Connect if you're working in a Mac envirnoment!

Reasons:

- iCal and Adressbook has to be Setup completely new
- The Users have first to define which Calendars and Adressbooks should be snyct, also on Mac with iCal and Adressbook
- No Public Folders in Adressbook, you have to put every URL manually to the Adressbook on the Mac

That has the consequence, that when you Update from 8.x to 8.2 you have to do some Project-Work BEVORE! Look, what you have to do to get it work as before.

@ KERIO: What the heck did you think with this update? And why are you never testing your software? Public Folders in Adressbook are very importand!

And last, but not least to all Users: Think about migrating to another solution. Exchange ist perhaps more expensive. But you won't get problems and changes in a little Versions update like this!
  •  
Lyle M

Hi Hijacker.

Kerio does indeed test Connect prior to release (both internally and with volunteer beta testers). If it's appropriate in your circumstances, you might consider contacting your reseller or Kerio representative about participating in the beta program.

On a rare occasion, I've had time to install the betas on our VMWare system to run them through their paces in our environment. Even if I don't have the time to draft up a bug report or feature feedback, I at least get an idea of how long I should wait before I install a major update!

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. I wish you luck in getting it all sorted. Have you contacted Kerio support to see if there are better workarounds? I typically find them to be very helpful.

Regards.
  •  
My IT Indy

Hijacker, we've updated several systems without issues. However, we tested our upgrades BEFORE implementing. Looks like you chose not to test the upgrade before throwing it on.

And if you had read the release notes you would have known the changes. Again, that's on you.

So YOU didn't read the release notes to know what changes would happen. And YOU didn't test the upgrade before putting it on. Seems you should have done a bit more work before coming to a forum and writing a nasty post about Kerio.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
Kerio@Herrmannsdorfer

Dear hijacker,

please stop bashing Kerio in this public forum.

RTFM: The CalDAV and CardDAV changes are documented and if you contact support they will help you fixing the issue with public contacts and the Apple Addressbook. I'm pretty sure the known workaround will be included in the next minor release.

In fact the 8.2 CardDAV implementation works much better than earlier releases.

Greetingx

--
Rolf
  •  
Neil Whiteside (Kerio)

The Kerio Connect account assistant can be forced to configure public folders. ServerInfo.plist in the downloaded package contains a "false" value which has to be changed to "true". Here are the steps to follow:

1. Download Kerio Connect account assistant but do not start it yet.
2. In Terminal, go to a directory where the tool is downloaded (command works recursively) and copy-paste:

find . -name ServerInfo.plist -print0 | xargs -0 sed -i '' -e 's/false/true/g'

3. Run the tool, public folders should be configured.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Looking for technical support? http://www.kerio.com/support
Previous Topic: E-mail Signature Truncated
Next Topic: Kerio Client Update from different Servers
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 15:00:25 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00416 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.