Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Meeting requests in shared calendar
  •  
ombwatch

Send a private message to this user
We just upgraded from Kerio Connect 7.4.3 to 8.2.0 and noticed a change in the way Kerio handles meeting requests created in shared calendars.

According to the release history, this "added feature" was added in version 8.1.0 such that in Outlook & KOFF, "It is possible to create meeting requests in shared Calendar in behalf of Calendar's owner."

Previously, if I had Editor permissions on another user's calendar, and generated a meeting request from that user's calendar, recipients would see me and not the calendar's actual owner as the sender. And all accept/decline notifications would come to me, not to the calendar's actual owner.

However, it appears that with this "added feature", the default is that when I generate such a meeting request, it is created "on behalf of" the calendar owner, and all the recipients see her as the sender, and all accept/decline notices go to her.

In the window for creating the new meeting request, the "From" field only offers "Kerio Connect (KOC Offline Edition)" and there is no obvious way to select myself or the owner as the sender.

The description in the release history says "it is possible" to create meeting requests on behalf of the owner -- which suggests that's an OPTION, and that it is still "possible" to do it the old way. Is that the case? If so, how?

Or is it no longer "possible" to create meeting requests in a shared calendar "on behalf of" the Editor/creator rather than the calendar owner?

Thanks,
Doug Percival
Technology Coordinator
Center For Effective Government
  •  
UnifiedTechs-Brian

We had a client get hit by this change in behavior also. Look forward to any info on if "it is possible" means you have a choice.

- Brian
Kerio Preferred Partner, Reseller & Hosting Provider
Unified Technology Solutions
  •  
ombwatch

Just checking in to see if I can get an official answer from Kerio support on this question:

In version 8.2.0, if I have Editor or Administrator permissions on another user's calendar, and I create and send a meeting request from that user's calendar, the default seems to be that the request is sent "on behalf of" the user who owns the calendar (which the documentation says "is possible").

Is there any way to revert to the behavior of earlier versions, where the request is sent "on behalf of" me and gives my address as the "from" address, so that accept/decline messages come to me, instead of to the owner of the calendar?
Previous Topic: Outlook 2013 Preview pain Slow
Next Topic: SPF Record Question
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Aug 20 00:12:15 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00421 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.