Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio 6.0 Issues
  •  
jonbrain

Send a private message to this user
Hi

I have just moved our company over to Kerio 6.0 from Exchange 2000.

I really like the software but have come across some issues which are getting me serious grief of our users:

1. In Outlook 2003 you can't sort by a number of columns including 'From'. Surely this isn't right?

2. There is a facility to attach a footer, but it is restricted by size. I need to attach contact details, latest news bytes and the disclaimer. Is there anyway to do this?

3. When a user clicks the address book in Outlook there is no Global Address book (all our users).

4. We used to be able to just enter the name of the person if he was local e.g. 'Jono' would pick up 'jono<at>computerlove.co.uk'.

Any help would be much appreciated.
  •  
jshaw541

This still works for us, although it gives us a popup error about an invalid email address. Too bad we can't alter the PHP code anymore. It's pretty annoying, since everyone I've seen at multiple organizations just uses the username of the recipient, if they're sending to their own local domain.

Still, it's better than the old KMS versions, which would append "<at>unspecified-domain" to a lone username and cause all sorts of problems and annoyances.

jonbrain wrote on Mon, 02 August 2004 08:25

Hi
4. We used to be able to just enter the name of the person if he was local e.g. 'Jono' would pick up 'jono<at>computerlove.co.uk'.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
dmartz

There is a default public folder for "all contacts" that was added between RC1 and the final release. So the global address book is likely adding that public folder to each machines address list.
  •  
jonbrain

Do I need to do anything special to get this working ?

I am using Apple Open Directory, do I have to add the contacts manually?

[Updated on: Tue, 03 August 2004 12:30]

•  
KellyMc

If you go into "users" in the Kerio console, select all of them (or the ones you want in the public address book), then hit "export" and choose "#public/Contacts" as the address book.

These addresses will then be available in the Webmail public address book, at least. I'm not sure if it can be accessed with a client.

jonbrain, if you're using Open Directory, don't you really want to set up your Outlook clients to connect directly to it for address lookups and type-ahead function? That's what we're doing, although we've found support to be spotty with older clients (even as recent as netscape 7.1)

My question is, how can one get the public address book to display anything other than the default e-mail address for each user? We have addresses like "jsmith<at>domain.com" as the default, but use "john.smith<at>domain.com" and would prefer to have that in the address book.

•  
Lyle M

KellyMc,

You can modify the address cards in a public address book. Just log into web mail using an administrative user. Double-click on an address card and edit away.

Sadly, any information that may have been populated into Open Directory does not carry over into Kerio's public address book - it will all have to be manually entered again (as best as I could determine).

Be careful if you edit the address cards using Safari (v1.2.3 in my case). For me, saving modified address cards in Safari causes data loss in that address card. Older versions of Safari would just spin when clicking save&close. I have found Camino to be a suitable substitute for this function.
  •  
KellyMc

Hmm...

I'm afraid I'm not having the same luck. When I log into Webmail with an administrator user, I can double click an entry in Public folders/Contacts and get editable details, but the "Save and Close" button is grayed out, even if I make changes.

My users are all coming from a separate Apple Open Directory server. Is it possible to specify what attribute in OD Kerio uses to populate that address book?
  •  
Lyle M

Hi KellyMC,

Make sure you are using an Admin user that is in the Kerio local users. I don't think it works with an Admin user from Apple Open Directory.

On your OD attribute question, I'm not sure I understand, but I'll give it a shot. I know that OD users that are activated via Kerio Admin only carry over the "Description" field. Description is represented by the attribute "Comment" in Workgroup Manager's Inspector. I know of no way to have other populated attributes carry over. If I did, I would be a happier person.

Our plan is to rely on OD to supply our user directory (name, e-mail address, phone, department, ect) info to all our users running standard e-mail clients that support LDAP. The few web mail users are going to have to suffer with just the name, e-mail address, and description until a better solution arrives - there's no way I am going to populate OD and then duplicate my efforts in a Kerio public contact list.

I think there should be a way to offer an attribute/field mapping that allows us to pick which OD fields map to which Kerio address book fields when we import.

It would also be pretty handy to have the ability to configure individual Kerio contact lists to dynamically gather their information from external LDAP servers (including a local OD server). At least the ability to statically import from any LDAP source would be nice.

6.1 anyone?

Good luck. I hope that was helpful.
  •  
KellyMc

I agree all around.

As for my initial question, I get the same thing using a (Kerio) local administrative login, unfortuantely.

Any idea how, where, and in what format the shared address book is stored? Seems like since it gets populated from an export from the users list (whether local or OD), it must be in some readable/editable format, but maybe not.
  •  
KellyMc

Following up for anyone interested ...

The public address book can be found in

<kerio_mail_store_path>/mail/#public/Contacts/#msgs

and consists of an individual .eml file with a vcard entry for each address. They appear to be hand-editable with no ill effects.

Unfortunately, with 300+ addresses, I'm still on the lookout for a bulk or automated solution.

•  
Lyle M

It appears that these eml files, when the file extension is changed to .vcf, can be imported into Entourage's contact list.

I haven't tried this yet, but it may be possible. Use Directory Services in Entourage to import users from OD to the local address book. Then from the local Entourage address book, you can drag out the individual contacts as .vcf files. After changing al the file extensions to .eml, plunk them into the path KellyMc located: /mail/#public/Contacts/#msgs

I'll give it a shot tomorrow and see what happens. If anyone else tries it first, please add to this thread.

Thanks.
----
okay, that didn't work. I'm sure I'm missing something.

[Updated on: Sun, 05 September 2004 01:03]

Previous Topic: Can't receive mail from a few domains!?
Next Topic: No access to Archive Folders
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 15:16:29 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00545 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.