Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migration from Exchange 2003 to Kerio (Coexistence of Echange and Kerio? Migratin Users?)
  •  
buwvoss

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

I have just installed Kerio 8.2 and until now i just fine. On some parts there is a bit to do but all in all it is very cool alternative to Exchange.

Now i have some questions regarding migration from exchange to kerio.

First of all, can i install the AD integration of Kerio beside the Exchange 2003 ? Does it interfere with Exchange?

Now to Migration:
As in an KB article you can migrate the users to Kerio. Just some cool migration utility. But here come my questions:

Every User will be created on kerio with it's DEFAULT E-Mail Address, this will be the USERNAME in Kerio, How do I connect such a User to my AD? The Username in AD is different to the User in Kerio?

We have here a different AD-Domain than out Internet E-Mail Domain. So we have users which are in some-internet-domain.de and some are in some-domain.local. How do i get them in ONE Kerio Domain?

The Username is always "username@some-domain.local" and my default E-Mail Address is "firstname.lastname<_at_>some-internet-domain.de". So how do i match that?

•  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
You can install AD extension, create domain in Connect and map this domain to AD in administration. Activate the users from AD. Migration tool doesn't create users if they already exist, but unfortunately the username is created from primary SMTP address, so if you have different user name, you won't be able to migrate user mailbox to the same AD user in Connect (in your case new user firstname.lastname will be created).
Two different domains problem can be solved by migrating first part of the users from the your first internet domain, then renaming Connect domain to the second name and migrating the rest of the users.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
Previous Topic: no public contacts in apple adressbook
Next Topic: public folders in distributed domain
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 20:15:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00347 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.