Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Setting Up Network Load Balancing, please help
  •  
quaired

Send a private message to this user
Hello everybody!!!

Mind if i ask you regarding load balancing and weights on Kerio Control.

In the manual or admin guide it says:

For each link it is necessary to specify link weight, i.e. its relative throughput. Proportion of individual links indicates how Internet traffic is distributed among the links (it should correspond with their speed ratio).

With an example of:
Example

You have two Internet links with connection speed 4 Mbit/s and 8 Mbit/s. You set weight 10 for the first link and weight 20 for the other one. The total Internet connection load will therefore be divided in the proportion 1:2.

As to what i understand if i have 2 internet connections. A 3Mbps and another 3Mbps DSL line. I would set the weight to be 10 for Internet Interface 1 and then 10 for the Internet Interface 2. With this setting I am expecting an even distribution on both Internet interfaces? Or is there something wrong with this setting? Please advise, thank you very much....
  •  
Neil Whiteside (Kerio)

Hello - yes you are quite right.

Are you having a problem?

Best regards,

Neil.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Looking for technical support? http://www.kerio.com/support
  •  
sb

Hi guys,

this is the same exact question i had in regards to "weight" so i wanted to ask:

1) in one of the kerio manual examples it lists the example weight to the first link as "10" and the second one to "20". I found a different kerio example that had a 4mbs link set the weight to "4" and the second 8mbs link weight set to "8". i can't find a reference that defines how the number from 1-100 represent, if it's percentage?

Our first link is 45mbs up and down, our second link is 50downx5up. Should we set our first link weight to "1" and the second one to "1" if we want kerio to equally divide up the connections?

2) inside the traffic rules, there is a "Internet Access (NAT) rule that has Source NAT "Enable source NAT" to default setting "Perform load balanceing per host (better compatibility)", if we wanted to try the "Per Connection" option, what are typical problems with applications and website? Is it because the down and up links are using different ip addresses?

Thank you for your help!!!

-sb
Previous Topic: Kerio security
Next Topic: Can ping but can't browse....
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 16:59:31 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00346 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.