Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » OS X 10.9 Mavericks and Kerio Connect
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
OS X 10.9 support in Kerio Connect

Server

Kerio Connect 8.2.0 can run on OS X 10.9 operating system with no issues.

Clients

Due to more strict security features in the latest Maverics build the auto-configuration utility used for easy configuration of client applications may not work properly. We work on a solution and test the latest OS X 10.9 build for compatibility.

At this moment the applications on OS X 10.9 can be configured manually (IMAP, CalDAV, CardDAV accounts). You can find more informations how to do this in our Knowledgebase (eg. here).
Automatic configuration will be available in next Kerio Connect service release very soon.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 May 2014 13:38]

•  
Tim Rodriguez

Reporting in that the auto-configuration utility does not work at all on a client running OSX 10.9.

Also, trying to configure the connection with the "Exchange" Internet Account in 10.9 ends up with some odd results in Mail, and an inability to synchronize the Tasks calendar back to the server.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

"Exchange" account in Apple client is not supported in Kerio Connect. The server supports IMAP, CalDAV and CardDAV.
  •  
gredo

In the past we were told to set up Mac Mail as "Exchange IMAP". It appears to transfer those settings over after an upgrade but I'm not seeing the option for Exchange IMAP when adding a new account to mail after a clean install. Am I missing something?

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

gredo wrote on Wed, 23 October 2013 20:52
In the past we were told to set up Mac Mail as "Exchange IMAP". It appears to transfer those settings over after an upgrade but I'm not seeing the option for Exchange IMAP when adding a new account to mail after a clean install. Am I missing something?

This option is no longer available in Maverics. Account in Apple Mail on Maverics needs to be configured as IMAP.
  •  
WLM

Installation of Mavericks has broken Instant Messaging for my connect 8.2 installation. The instant message and secure instant message services no longer auto start and cannot be manually started from the web admin. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
  •  
Tomas Skoda (Kerio)

WLM wrote on Wed, 23 October 2013 23:16
Installation of Mavericks has broken Instant Messaging for my connect 8.2 installation. The instant message and secure instant message services no longer auto start and cannot be manually started from the web admin. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Have you installed Mavericks or Mavericks Server? Aren't XMPP ports occupied by Apple IM service?
  •  
MacSuperSonic

We have a problem with Kerio 8.2 and Apple Mail (Version 7.0 1812) in Mac OS Mavericks 10.9:

When viewing shared mailboxes, the Mails are displayed just as an empty mail:

Edit:
Image inline doesn't work here Rolling Eyes

When viewing with the Kerio Webmail Client, everything is displayed just normal Shocked
Mail is configured to connect with IMAP / SSL and the error appears on every Mac with 10.9 so not just one configuration Mad

Everyone else with that or a similar problem?

[Updated on: Thu, 24 October 2013 11:10]

•  
WLM

"Have you installed Mavericks or Mavericks Server? Aren't XMPP ports occupied by Apple IM service?"

I'm running regular/vanilla 10.9, not the server edition.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 October 2013 22:47]

•  
Till Heppner

We have problem in Apple Addressbook and Public Contacts in 10.9:

• When we migrate from 10.8 to 10.9 all is fine
• When we have a fresh 10.9 with an a new User we can only configure personal contacts, but not public

- The Assistant only make config for personal
- Manually don`t work, there a no change to give him serverpath to public contacts
- in webmail -> Settings -> CalDAV/CardDAV we have checked the public contacts, but nothings happens in Apple Addressbook.

Has anyone an idea ?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Till Heppner wrote on Mon, 28 October 2013 14:40
We have problem in Apple Addressbook and Public Contacts in 10.9:

• When we migrate from 10.8 to 10.9 all is fine
• When we have a fresh 10.9 with an a new User we can only configure personal contacts, but not public

- The Assistant only make config for personal
- Manually don`t work, there a no change to give him serverpath to public contacts
- in webmail -> Settings -> CalDAV/CardDAV we have checked the public contacts, but nothings happens in Apple Addressbook.

Has anyone an idea ?

http://forums.kerio.com/mv/msg/25905/107556/#msg_107556
  •  
maartenb

This is all very confusing. Why didn't you (Kerio) warned us about the disappearance of Exchange IMAP while that was the preferred account type for Kerio clients? Now clients have migrated to Mavericks and it turns out they have lots of problems with their former Exchange IMAP account. Why Exchange IMAP used to be the preferred account type over IMAP, and now suddenly IMAP is just fine? Was there any advantage over IMAP that Kerio used Exchange IMAP instead? As a developer you should have known this problem in advance and be prepared! I can't imagine this took you by surprise.
Now I had to delete the old Exchange IMAP account (because it didn't work) and replaced it with standard IMAP. That works better but shared mailaccounts are not cached. So every time it has to download all mail to the client again. Is this a problem of Mavericks or Kerio? Is this because of the lack of Exchange IMAP support in Mavericks and is IMAP not good in case one uses shared mailaccounts?
Please could you clarify things a bit better?
  •  
chrisrosa

Curious how KCS is running on Mavericks Server? Any flakiness, downsides, upsides? Thanks!

[Updated on: Wed, 06 November 2013 22:41]

•  
theostauffer

We have has serious problems with Kerio 8.2. Not only with the fact that Exchange IMAP support has disappeared in Apple Mail, but also the mess that is Calendar support.

Kerio's lack of quality assurance and testing, as well as not bothering to inform their customers of the changes speaks volumes. It reminds me of Kerio's seeming disconnect with their customers with their Samepage product's lack of local install support.

I am VERY worried!

[Updated on: Fri, 08 November 2013 01:29]

Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

theostauffer wrote on Fri, 08 November 2013 01:26
We have has serious problems with Kerio 8.2. Not only with the fact that Exchange IMAP support has disappeared in Apple Mail, but also the mess that is Calendar support.

Kerio's lack of quality assurance and testing, as well as not bothering to inform their customers of the changes speaks volumes. It reminds me of Kerio's seeming disconnect with their customers with their Samepage product's lack of local install support.

I am VERY worried!

Change in CalDAV delegations is documented in the Release Notes document and we recommend everyone to read it before installation or upgrade.

Missing Exchange IMAP account option in Apple Mail is a question for Apple. Kerio has nothing to do with this and can't change Apple decisions.
Previous Topic: CVE-2014-0160 / OpenSSL Heartbleed
Next Topic: Wrong email in IM client
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 17:01:33 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00590 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.