Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Users receiving meeting requests that were sent to another user (Users are receiving event invitations that were sent to another user who has shared their calendar.)
  •  
Howie Isaacks

Send a private message to this user
We have noticed something very odd that has happened after the Kerio Connect 8.2 upgrade. Mac users on both Mountain Lion, and on Mavericks using Calendar are getting event invitations that were sent to other users who have shared their calendars.

Here's an example: Jon has loaded Bob's shared calendar in his Calendar app on his Mac. When Bob gets an event invitation, Jon sees an event invitation notification for Bob. This happens even if Bob has not given read/write rights to Jon.

Something is going seriously awry with the way Kerio Connect 8.2 handles calendars, or this is a bug somewhere in Apple's Calendar app. Either way, this is a serious problem that did not start until Kerio Connect 8.2 was loaded. Has anyone else seen this issue? For my own part, I saw this behavior myself on my own calendar. I was receiving event invitations for two of my coworkers shortly after our own Kerio Connect 8.2 upgrade. We're a small company, but this could be a major problem for a much larger company. This is not restricted to just the Calendar app. I also saw these coming in on my iPhone as well.
  •  
hello

Howie,

This is an issue for many people (maybe all?) that are using Apple's iCal or Calendar. You will see a number of threads related to this already and is the main reason I have not installed 8.2 on any production setups yet...only test setups. I deal with Apple setups only and this is a real problem...hopefully KERIO is working on a fix.

Chris
  •  
Howie Isaacks

I have already decided not to upgrade anymore customers. Two companies complaining about the alerts is enough for me. I love Kerio's products, but they really need to work on quality assurance more before they release an update. How hard is it for a company who makes a mail server platform to assign some users' accounts to a test server and start testing every function of the product? Imagine if OS X Mavericks had been released with annoying bugs like that. The Apple fanboys (myself included) would be screaming bloody murder over it. Mavericks has some bugs, but they're no big deal compared to the annoying reminders and invitation alerts that pop up after this Kerio update. Getting the alerts when they're not meant for you is disruptive. My company spent weeks testing Kerio Connect 8.2, and we did not encounter this problem until we started upgrading our customers. I'm normally very cautious about Kerio updates, but I wanted to make sure that with the rollout of iOS 7, and Mavericks, the email servers would be ready to support the customers. I'm confident that this issue will be worked out, but I just wish that this bug had been caught before the release. There really is no excuse for this.

On a positive note, my calls to Kerio tech support have always been great. Out of all of the vendors that I deal with on a daily basis, their tech support is the best.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

None of our tests and even betatesting users experienced this problem.
Alerts are managed by iCal/Calendar for each calendar and can be configured by the user. It is extremely difficult for the the server to interfere events provided in CalDAV without destroying alarms for other users in shared/public calendars.
Meeting invitations are expected to be shown from delegated calendar (it is supposed to be this way). But not for shared calendars where user has no access to other user's Inbox (where the invitation is delivered). We welcome any detail you can provide about this.
  •  
Howie Isaacks

Pavel Dobry (Kerio) wrote on Sat, 26 October 2013 16:10
None of our tests and even betatesting users experienced this problem.
Alerts are managed by iCal/Calendar for each calendar and can be configured by the user. It is extremely difficult for the the server to interfere events provided in CalDAV without destroying alarms for other users in shared/public calendars.
Meeting invitations are expected to be shown from delegated calendar (it is supposed to be this way). But not for shared calendars where user has no access to other user's Inbox (where the invitation is delivered). We welcome any detail you can provide about this.

What specific detail would you like? I have detailed the symptoms of the problem already. I understand that the alerts are coming from Apple's calendar app, but we cannot escape the fact that the issue began after Kerio Connect was upgraded to 8.2. Therefore, Kerio does have some responsibility in this matter. NONE of these instances involves a delegated calendar. It is only happening with SHARED calendars. If there are any server logs that would be helpful to you, I will be glad to provide them. I was told earlier today that the issue with receiving event invitations from someone else's shared calendar is a bug that has been identified by Kerio. My ticket number is #OFR-913074. What needs to happen here is for what ever caused this problem to be corrected. Users do not want to get the calendar alerts of other users, and they do not want to get the event invitations that were sent to other users just because they have their shared calendars loaded. I understand that if these were delegates, the alerts are supposed to come in, but these are not delegates. They are merely shared calendars. If a solution is not provided soon, I may end up downgrading the two servers where I have upgraded to 8.2. We have another customer with over 150 users, and their server was also recently upgraded. I don't directly manage that server, but I'm pretty sure those users have become very annoyed over this bug. We should not have to downgrade just to get this fixed. Doing so may cause even more issues.
Previous Topic: Kerio and Filemaker
Next Topic: Upgrade from version 7 32bit to 8 32bit or 64bit.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 08:11:07 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00451 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.