Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » A few questions
  •  
gismo3303

Send a private message to this user
Hello,
I am Student and i test Kerio Connect. I really like it, but i have a few questions about Kerio, thanks for any answers. (you can also answer in German)

(1) In some Users-folders are folders like "Conversation Action Settings" or "Conversation Action Settings_0" and "Quick Step Settings" or "Quick Step Settings_0". But they are old (last modification was on the install-day. In all these folders the #msgs-folder is empty. Can i delete these folders without problems?

(2) I want to share a calender with another person (he uses an iphone). I found two different ways of sharing (both works) -> but which one is the "better" way.
-First way we followed these manual:
manuals.kerio.com/kmsug/en/sect-wincalsub.html
We add on the iphone a ical/calender-subscription with the following URL:
"mail.company.com/ical/company.com/jsmith/PersonalCalendar" (of course we replaced "company.com" and the User-Name and Calender-Name --> it works)
-Second way:
kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/email-clients/activesync/ how-to-configure-shared-or-public-folders-to-your-iphone-ipa d-via-an-exchange-account-1222.html
--> it works too but with this option there is the "edit" button on the iphone of the other person so that he can edit the calender although I have set read-only authorization. (he can modify the calender on the iphone without error messages but it will be never synchronized so that i can the his changes in my calender
--> So both ways works buth with way is "better"? (I think first way is CalDAV and second way is ActiveSync right?)

(3) Is there any way to synchronize notes and tasks with Mac OSX (of course without ActiveSync)? (with my iphone I use ActiveSync for tasks and IMAP for notes and it works but for Mac OSX Mountain Lion or Mavericks it doesnt work)

(4) At the moment I am student. I know Kerio is much cheaper than other similar software but i use/test it only for private-purpose. Is there any "special" offer for private use or students?

Thanks for all the answers

[Updated on: Sat, 26 October 2013 22:04]

•  
gismo3303

For (4) -> forums.kerio.com/t/25921//

And the other questions? nobody?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

(3) Task are synchronized over CalDAV, Notes over IMAP. Use auto-configuration tool from the Integrations page to configure accounts on Mac (note that support for Maverics will come with next release, as mentioned in this forum).
  •  
fishtech

(2) I want to share a calender with another person (he uses an iphone). I found two different ways of sharing (both works) -> but which one is the "better" way.

Good question. I am trying to define the "better way" for my users over in this thread...

http://forums.kerio.com/t/25949//

Regards,

ft.
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect 8.2 upgrade and iCal clients
Next Topic: Can't install SSL certificate
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Aug 20 04:08:11 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00423 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.