Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Best Procedure to Restore
  •  
gskibum

Send a private message to this user
Overnight a Mac OS X Server 18.8.5 OS got hosed and would not boot.

So I installed a new drive and restored from a Time Machine backup.

I had Time Machine configured to skip the Kerio data folder - /Volumes/Data/Kerio.

Kerio Connect was backing up to an external RAID.

I have the original boot drive installed and accessible.

My question is what would be the best way to proceed:

1. Copy the contents of /Volumes/Data/Kerio from the original boot drive to the new.
2. Do a full KMS restore.

Thank you.
  •  
BudDurland

Send a private message to this user
Before you get started, be aware that if you have had the retired machine up and running (i.e. accepting mail), you need a different game plan. The restore options available are destructive.

If you have access to the original content of the mail store folder(/Volumes/Data/Kerio ?) your best bet is likey to stop the Kerio mail services, then just copy the files from Hither to Yon you may have to rebuild some user folder indexes, but I would expect minimal trouble. If all you have is the Kerio created backup, then use the documents restore procedures.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
Previous Topic: CalDAV/CardDAV file extensions in .eml format
Next Topic: Snow Leopard (iChat) and Jabber
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 06:17:55 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00416 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.