Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Upgrading Kerio Connect ver 7.3 32bit TO ver 8.2 64bit (Kerio connect upgrades)
  •  
Jorge

Send a private message to this user
Hi everyone.

This is my first post in this forum Cool

I got some questions that I need help with, I tried looking up online but I couldn't find a concrete answer...

Is there is a correct procedure or path to upgrade from Kerio Connect 7.3 32bit running in Windows server 2008 64bit to the newest version of Kerio Connect 8.2?

I see that this new version its also available in 64bit.

Do I have to upgrade to 7.4 or another version before upgrading to 8.2?

Can I install the 64bit version if Im running ver 7.3 in 32bit?

Thank you.

[Updated on: Thu, 31 October 2013 21:38]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

If you want to run 64-bit version the server has to be upgraded to Windows 2008 Server R2. Otherwise Kerio Connect can be upgraded to 32-bit version only. It is possible to directly install version 8.2 over 7.3.

[Updated on: Fri, 01 November 2013 00:02]

•  
Jorge

I'm sorry Yes it is Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise edition.

Do you recommend upgrading to 64bit?

We have only 220 users...

Thank you.
  •  
Jorge

I just want to let you guys know that I have upgrade to the latest version 8.2 from 7.3 with no issues.
Everything works a bit faster and way better interface for our email portal.

Thank you.
  •  
dtcb2003

Hi Jorge,

Are you running Kerio Connect 64-bit or 32-bit version? If 64-bit, how did you upgrade your 7.3 32-bit to 8.2 64-bit? Just downloaded the 8.2 64-bit installer and ran it?

Thanks,
Binh
  •  
Jorge

Hi there!

Yes I'm running now 64-bit version of Kerio, and yes I just download the updates in the proper order executed them and the installers took care of the rest...
(I was in a very old Kerio version before because we were running in an old mac OS server, I had to figure out a way to move the data out to a windows server then apply updates all they way from Version 6 to 7.3 and then from there jump to 8.2 you can see the details here )

If you have any other questions let me know I will be glad to help.
  •  
dtcb2003

Thanks, Jorge. Very useful information.

Do I need to do anything on the Outlook clients? How do I update the Kerio Outlook Connector for users? Any problem if users are currently using KOC 32-bit? We have some users using Outlook 2010 32-bit and Outlook 2010 64-bit.

Binh
  •  
Jorge

For the clients every time you upgrade the server they will required an update... there is usually a message that will popup after an upgrade has been installed in the server side and it will install the proper client update.
As far as I know the client update (Kerio outlook Connector) runs for both 32 and 64 bit office installations or at least in version 8 it does, I think that in older versions of Kerio connect the Kerio Outlook connector was not compatible with 64bit outlook office.

They have improve a lots of things in the newer version of Kerio, Important REMINDER! don't forget to make sure your hardware its good enough to handle it.

Let me know how it goes.
  •  
dtcb2003

Hi Jorge,

I just did a test Kerio upgrade on a virtual server. All went very well. No problem at all. (I ran Kerio Connect 8 (64-bit) directly on the box!) All settings and users' mails remains intact.

The only thing I couldn't test is the KOC. I hope the KOC update will happen automatically as you said.

Do I need to do anything for mobile users?

Thanks
  •  
Jorge

There is nothing required for the mobile devices I had at the time of my upgrade around 80 cellphones and since it was a big jump from 7 to 8 very few devices were having issues so we just delete de account (from the device) and added again and that solve the problem.
  •  
dtcb2003

Previous Topic: Upgrade Kerio Connect 7.4.0 to 8.3.4
Next Topic: AD User Stay Email Change
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 14:06:18 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00517 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.