Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Is there a clean way to go from v6 to v5 again?
  •  
winchcable

Send a private message to this user
We had version 5.10 of the mailserver and did the upgrade to the release version of 6. Now, the webmail part (the part that we have Kerio for) is too slow. We want to go back to v5.10. Is there a way to do this without loosing info? I know the calendar and tasks will be gone along with any mail that has been put in the deleted folder. My concern is if there are any ways the store folder has changed that will no allow any way to downgrade.

Thank you

If the speed issue is going to be fixed in the near future we can wait but currently it is just too much of a hassle to get mail anymore. The link is on a 384K DSL line.
  •  
jshaw541

If you find an answer to this, let me know.

We got a bit of a surprising bite here as we're mainly an OS X shop, and the new webmail won't run on anything less than Mac OS X 10.3, unless we install a 3rd party browser on each of our 3,000 10.1/10.2 Macs.

Under Mac OS 9.x or less it won't even run because they don't make a supported browser for it. I don't mind that so much, though, as it forces our tech guys to update these machines to 10.3 ;)

Right now, we threw up a quick install of Squirrelmail in a panic, but there seem to be some sunstantial bugs in the IMAP chat between squirrelmail and KMS's IMAP daemon.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
pwhodges

I have asked support if it is possible to go back, as my users are completely dissatisfied with the speed of the new webmail (quite apart from the reduced browser support).

Paul
  •  
seali

I will have to second the vote for the old webmail. While the new version looks great it is missing a lot of the features of the old webmail and is very slow.
  •  
jshaw541

seali wrote on Tue, 03 August 2004 16:44

I will have to second the vote for the old webmail. While the new version looks great it is missing a lot of the features of the old webmail and is very slow.

Actually, I think you fourthed it. I was second ;)

Windows Server 2003 SP 1
~1300 users
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
  •  
sonofcolin

•  
winchcable

So it sounds like it's time for Kerio to step up to the plate. Fix the speed or make a program to allow a downgrade, I will take either one. I just want to be able to use the thing again.
  •  
russcathey

I agree. WE were very happy with Version 5.7.9 and this new version looks prettier and the calendars are nice but it is pretty slow and the server itself has locked up at least once per day for the last week. We have to keep shutting it down and then restarting it to keep our mail active. They need some fixes.

Russ
Michigan
  •  
pwhodges

[edit - previous message incorrect]
I have heard from Kerio support, and they make it clear that going back from v6 to v5 is not an option, specifically because of changes in the configuration file.

Paul

[Updated on: Fri, 06 August 2004 16:41]

•  
seali

I hope the fix the webmail then. They probably will.
  •  
oxfrog

hello,
I have some questions regarding this:
Is this related to the number of users are logged in at the same time?
What kind of hardware do you use?
thanx,
oxfrog
  •  
winchcable

My situation:

PIII 600E
512 MB RAM

384K DSL line

9 user accounts on server.

3 maximum connecting to server at a time. There a 6 accounts that are set up for a purpose but the email from those accounts get forwarded to another account on the same box. The chances of the 3 account connecting at the same time are slim to none. The majority of the time there is only one connection on the box. The two primary users are in different parts of the world (USA and Germany) so there is not a lot of overlap.

•  
jshaw541

oxfrog wrote on Tue, 10 August 2004 01:20

hello,
I have some questions regarding this:
Is this related to the number of users are logged in at the same time?
What kind of hardware do you use?
thanx,
oxfrog

On the other end of the extreme, we're running beefier hardware and get the same "it's slow" complaints. The mail server is a dual Xeon 2.8ghz with 2GB RAM.

We're now offering both the KMS 6 webmail and Squirrelmail (hooked to KMS) now, and it looks like most people (including me) are going with Squirrelmail, sadly.

I'm anxious to see what 6.0.1 brings!

Windows Server 2003 SP 1
~1300 users
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
  •  
rmcilmoyle

We performed the upgrade to KMS6 and ultimately downgraded back to KMS5. When we performed the upgrade we took a backup of our current environment. To revert... we first copied all the mail stored in the mail store directory under #msgs folders that had a date greater than the upgrade date.

We then restored our server and then restored the 'new' mail into the #msgs folders. Then we deleted the message indexes (kerio complained about having recreate these indexes, but it did rebuild them).

This restored the server back to KMS5 with all mail intact and no mail missing.

If we had applied the AD extension it would not have been possible to go back without significant impact to our AD environment.
Previous Topic: Release history
Next Topic: Webmail & Reading Pannel (KMS 6)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 13:11:30 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00485 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.