Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Kerio Control DNS hang
  •  
blackeagle2002de

Send a private message to this user
Hey!

After upgrading to Kerio Control 8 (from a Windows XP to the Hyper-V VM) we are facing the problem that the Kerio Control DNS Server hangs. Windows XP always worked fine. The only way to solve this is a reboot of the VM. This happens usually once a week.

I already asked the Kerio Support but did not get a reply, very frustrating! Then I tried to set up a scheduled reboot every night (via console), but could not figure out how to do it. Crontab is not installed and I don't know how to install it on Kerio Control. In fact, I don't even know the underlying Linux System.

Does anyone know how to set up a restart Task, e. g. every night at 01:00 am?

Thank you very much, regards

blackeagle2002de
  •  
Lisa Lyons (Kerio)

Hi, BlackEagle

You said you contacted support, but didn't get a response, this is very unusual.

Did you get a ticket number when you raised a ticket? What method did you use to contact them?

If you let me know I'll find the ticket and chase one of them up.

Thanks!

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
Lewald

We see the same Problem in our Network.

DNS is brocken for minutes. I have to Change the DNS Servers manually. Then it runs again.
Since this we have changed the DNS Server to our Domain and didnĀ“t use the Kerio DNS any more.
  •  
blackeagle2002de

I used the bug Report System, since this is obviously a bug, but did not get a Response. After that I contacted the German Support on November 5th and did not get a Response either.

This is a very annoying bug, let us at least know how to schedule a daily restart. This should not be that difficult.

Regards
blackeagle2002de
Previous Topic: How can add ROUTING between VPN a LAN
Next Topic: Blocking Incoming LogMeIn
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 18:55:11 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00445 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.