Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Phones in Reboot loop after 2.2 upgrade
  •  
chad131

Send a private message to this user
I just upgraded to v2.2 and several phones are now stuck in a reboot loop.

They are Polycom SoundPoint 321's and everything was working fine before the upgrade.

If i delete the phone entirely, it will reboot and re-provision itself as a new phone with an extension. The phone seems to stay booted and working with the self provisioned extension.

As soon as I assign a user to the phone, it will reboot. When the phone comes back up, it shows the correct extension for about 2 seconds, then reboots. It's stuck in this reboot loop until i delete the phone and let it self provision again.

Any ideas on how to get these working again????

•  
chad131

I seem to have it working again. I had to delete the users from Kerio who had their phones stuck in a reboot loop. I recreated all of the users, then assigned the newly created users to the self-provisioned phones.

We lost some voicemails, but it seems to be working now. Odd bug.
  •  
chad131

I take it back. The phones are still in a reboot loop.

Two additional bugs have popped up as well:

1.) We cannot dial any numbers after the initial call. Example: We can dial a number to a conference call line, but cannot input the digits for the meeting id.

2.) The phones will not ring. The display will change showing the incoming number, but there is no ring. And yes, the volume is turned up.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

the Polycom phones with firmware < 3.3.0 are not supported by the new provisioning system. Please upgrade them to preferably the latest version (4.0.4).

We will review the release notes and add such information.

Filip
  •  
chad131

Any idea how to update the firmware on the phones?
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Go to the "Phones" screen and select "Firmwares" from the "Advanced" menu at the bottom right corner.
  •  
chad131

I'm going to need a little more assistance than that. A simple point upgrade from you guys has bricked all of our phones and we have not been able to make/receive a call in almost 5 days! I've even opened a support ticket and received no response. I cannot even downgrade to a copy of 2.14.

I've uploaded "Polycom_UC_Software_4_0_4_release_sig_split.zip" to Polycom firmware slot3 and rebooted all of the phones.

I have 3 phones that are now stuck on "Checking Application..." and one phone that shows registered. When I pick up the receiver from the registered phone i get a "url call is disabled" message on the phone.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

our support team should be able to help you.

To upgrade the phones, please follow these steps:
1. Download the polycom files 4.0.4 split firmware link
2. Because the latest firmware needs a new bootrom, please also download the last upgrader link
3. Navigate to the "Provisioned Phones" screen and goto "Firmwares".
4. Upload the split firmware file into "Polycom firmware slot 1".
5. Upload the upgrader into "Polycom bootrom slot 1".
6. Make sure other Polycom firmwares/bootroms slots are empty.
7. Power-off the phone and power it back on. A reboot is usually not enough.
8. The phone should upgrade itself, reboot and successfully provision from Operator.

Let me know how it goes,
Filip
  •  
matthealey

Do we upload the entire .zip file? or do we extract that and pull out the .ld files and upload them?

I ask, because when I try to use the .ld file the upload fails.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

The whole zip file.
Previous Topic: problem directed call pickup
Next Topic: IO error in write
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Jul 23 02:37:03 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00424 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.