Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Shared calendars alerts on IOS
  •  
joapalmer

Send a private message to this user

Hello. Our users are getting alerts for shared calendars (read only access) in IOS. This is very annoying as all IOS users get 10-50 popups a day.

I tried reinstalling the profile and accounts with the wizard - no change.
I tried setting "Shared Calendar Alerts" to off.

Any suggestions?

Regards.
  •  
flanger

Hi
we experience exactly the same, but on client computers using Calendar.app. This is reported as a bug to Kerio, and we eagerly wait for a solution...

Regards.
  •  
joapalmer

flanger wrote on Fri, 08 November 2013 08:20
Hi
we experience exactly the same, but on client computers using Calendar.app. This is reported as a bug to Kerio, and we eagerly wait for a solution...

@flanger: We had it in Calendar.app too but found that we could disable the popups by right-clicking the shared calendar, choosing "Show info" and checking the appropriate checkbox. However this need to be done for each user and each shared calendar.
  •  
flanger

Thanks for the info joapalmer!

This should anyway have been overridden by the alert-setting in the Calendar-prefs, so I do hope this will be fixed very soon by the engineers at Kerio.

•  
sraptor

How you can subcribe to share calendar in IOS? I tried and is not working right for me.
  •  
joapalmer

Anyone has any idea? My colleagues using IOS wants me to change email platform, the alerts are killing them!

[Updated on: Mon, 25 November 2013 14:08]

•  
monkeymissile

do you mean for public calendars? We had a similar issue where pubic calendar event reminders were popping up in iphones, but it was because the events were created in the email client (Outlook in our case) which had the default event reminder set to 15 min. We simply changed the default event reminder in Outlook to "none"
  •  
joapalmer

Thanks for your suggestion but I don't get the point. Events could be created in Outlook, Web client, OSX Calendar, IOS Calendar, Android calendar etcetera. Of course we need to be able to set reminders to different timing.

We don't want others reminders in our own calendars, as simple as that. On IOS devices we get 20-50 reminders from others, every day.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 November 2013 17:11]

•  
monkeymissile

Are you sharing each others's calendars? We don't. I created a single public "Office" calendar that allows everyone to post meetings and other info we want to share.
Our personal calendars are independent and used when creating meeting invites; we don't use the public calendar to create meeting invites.
  •  
joapalmer

No we don't have a "public calendar" that would not work very good in a office environment as I see it. How would you for example handle invites sent internally and externally and check availability for team members? With 30 people writing in the same calendar It would be extremely messy also?

So every employee has their own calendar and sharing set to read-only for all other colleagues. I guess this is a very common setup? I want to be able to set my calendar reminders but I don't want to see everyone elses.
  •  
monkeymissile

the public calendar actually works very well for us in an office of 20. People create public calendar events to let other people know when they're in/out of the office. These events have no invites or reminders. Then we use our personal calendars to create invites. It's perhaps an extra step, but until the bug you're experiencing gets resolved, it's how we're doing it.

no one has access to each other's calendars, not even read-only. We opted to keep those private.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 November 2013 17:57]

•  
joapalmer

Well that is a no-way solution for us. Changing the way calendar works takes a long time to settle, and since we are a sales company there are at least 10 meetings a day that involves 2+ people from staff.

This issue suddenly appeared since 8.2 upgrade of KC. We don't want it!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I would like to post some comments to this topic.

First, I apologize for this. Honestly, the scale of calendar sharing on mobile devices by our users and customer exceeded our expectations. In desktop application there is an option to disable alerts (reminders) from each calendar. Unfortunately, there is no such option in iOS client. We are working on a solution which should be available within few weeks in a service release.

The changes in calendar sharing in CalDAV (and Apple Calendar client particularly) are substantial for future development and support of new Apple versions. Apple Calendar client differentiates shared and delegated calendars (delegated can be used for creating meeting invitations and sending them on behalf of other users).
  •  
flanger

Thanks for your comment Pavel.
But does this mean that Kerio are working on a solution for the alert-setting in the Calendar-prefs also? It is very cumbersome to disable alerts for each calendar...
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

flanger wrote on Tue, 26 November 2013 14:26
Thanks for your comment Pavel.
But does this mean that Kerio are working on a solution for the alert-setting in the Calendar-prefs also? It is very cumbersome to disable alerts for each calendar...

I understand it has a better "interface" for the use. And *personally* I like to see calendars in separate windows. But underneath it brings an unpleasant security implications (ability to spoof sender email in meeting invitations, for example). And in many cases also user confusion when it comes to creating meeting invitations in these calendars.
Apple has designed Calendar application to display shared calendars in one way and delegated in another. It is important to respect this otherwise we might not be able to support future Apple updates.
Previous Topic: Kerio 8.2.1 Server unresponsible
Next Topic: junk mail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 22:47:42 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00605 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.