Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Profile Deletion
  •  
mrralan

Send a private message to this user
I have a user that is having issues with Outlook being unresponsive and hanging up at times.
I was planning on deleting that user's profile and recreating it.
This user has a large mailbox and it is very important that no emails are lost.
Is that the recommended thing to do or is there other things to try before deleting the profile?
  •  
Pavel Dostal (Kerio)

Deletion of local profile is a safe action. There should be no messages present just in local cache except of recent changes not yet synchronized. It is even better to use Empty Cache function in KOFF profile configuration, there is probably no reason to delete the whole profile.

Nevertheless you can create a new profile too and keep the old one for safety reasons.

Pavel Dostal
Kerio Technologies
  •  
mrralan

Hey Pavel,
Just to be safe I called in to Kerio support and spoke with a gentleman and he recommended the same thing, emptying the Cache.
So I done that on Friday.
I will see how well that works.

Thanks for the reply.
Previous Topic: Outlook crashes on a Terminalserver after 10 Minutes
Next Topic: Full text search with Outlook Connector in Outlook 2010
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 10:46:22 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00432 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.