Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » scheme extensions error
  •  
sonic393

Send a private message to this user
Hi

I'm currently in the process of testing the Kerio Connect mailserver to see if it could be a good replacement for our bulky Exchange server. (100+ users)

The built in AV and spam functions are the key why I'm testing and also the integration with Active Directory user management.

Here is where my problem is. I have a 2008 R2 domain controller, fully updated and configured. When installing Kerio, to connect to the AD you have to install the scheme extensions software, wich I did without any visible errors. I restarted the server last night, just to be sure everything works.

When I now configure Kerio and I click on "test connection" I get the obscure error message telling me the scheme extensions havent been found on the LDAP server. I rechecked in users and computers and I do see the new context menu item, so I assume the installation should be correct. All other info (hostname, user & pass) is also correct. The DC is the only DC in the company (PDC)

What am I missing or doing wrong?
  •  
sonic393

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Please check the error log on the server and debug log with Directory lookup messages (right- click).
  •  
sonic393

The problem seems to be with the .com / .local in our domain. when i change the domain to .local, like our internal domain is configured, I can connect to the DC. All the Kerio documentation that is available shows a .com address as an example, not a .local, so I can't really follow the directions.

The setup of our domain was done many years ago, when the .local was used, but when searching the net, it seems this isn't good practice anymore...

It's beginning to get complicated...

[Updated on: Sun, 10 November 2013 00:17]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Use .com for email domain. And configure Directory Service in Connect's email domain setting to use option "Different from this mail domain name" and set it to .local.
  •  
sonic393

Ok I tried this and it seems to work. Only "problem" now is that I have some users appearing twice in the user list. Not all of them, but some have a simple user icon, others have a user icon with a computer icon next to it. When I hover over this icon it says "Directory service user"

I think I'm going to backup the users maildata and start again from the beginning. I wil let you know how it goes and than change this subject to "solved" if it's working.

Thank you allready for the support.

[Updated on: Sun, 10 November 2013 10:11]

•  
sonic393

Still problems... I'll try to explain as best as I can.

I restarted from scratch. Installed a new server, installed kerio agian. When kerio first started, I entered y mail domain with .com at the end.

Then I configured the rest of the domain settings like you said. I than ran Kerio exchange migration tool, to import all messages from the exchange server. Now I agian have some users who are double and I now agian have 2 domains listed under domains. the.com and the .local

When I now login to the webmail for example, I Don't see any of my imported mails from exchange...

This is getting more difficult to get working than exchange. What am I doing wrong here? What are the correct steps for users migrating from a windows domain with exchange, to a windows domain with Kerio... I cannot be so difficult?
  •  
sonic393

Even stranger, I created the .com domain when installing Kerio, but after KEMT has run, to import the mails from exchange, it automatically creates a secondary domain, the .local and imports some of the users(not all) into that domain. I cannot login with those users as there email addresses are fixed to .local extenstions...

I'm really about to give up...
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

KEMT imports the users to a domain used in AD.
So in this case, run KEMT, let all the users migrate to the .local domain. Then login to Connect web administration, rename email domain .local to .com and configure it to use .local from AD. Make sure that Kerberos is working on a computer with Kerio Connect. The users can authenticate after that.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Also, registered trial installations have technical support at http://www.kerio.com/support for free. You can contact any of Kerio parters or resellers for a help with migration process.
Previous Topic: Some messages being deleted automatically
Next Topic: Kerio w/out Internet as Backup Installation
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 06:16:42 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00428 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.