Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Bandwidth mangement - am i drunk or something....
  •  
centra_Dave

Send a private message to this user

Hi All,
looking for some feedback from others using QOS and Bandwidth management in Control.

From my understanding, rules are processed from the top down.

so in My inststance in particular I have a P2P de-prioritise rule at the top that limits bandwidth (512kbits..I was feeling generous) and futher down the list I have another Bandwidth limiting rule that applies to users in a shapped user group or those that have exceeded their transfer quota for the day(1mbit limit).

What appears to be happening is once they have exceeded their quota, all of their traffic winds up in my shapped user pipe, including the P2P traffic that was previously being jagged in the P2P Pipe.

I have a similar rule for manually applied shaping group, and the same applies...

./fa/3191/0/

Is this the inteded behaviour, or is this a bug and do others see this

Couple of screenshots

[Updated on: Tue, 12 November 2013 07:06]

•  
centra_Dave

And the active connectionss.....
./fa/3192/0/

•  
sorat

You do realize, that kerio so-called 'p2p' group detects ports that are written in config - p2p limiter?
It will not go beyond that ports

Furthermore, I tested setting that range to 1-65535 and what it does is, scans all those ports ok, detects p2p ok, and BANS those ports, but.....globally for ALL clients (wtf moment)
So its kinda useless in current state.

Make a separate rule for UDP ports, and throttle this rule to 25 kb/sec

On top, you can try some funny thing. Activate connection limitter, say, 300 per client.
When said corner users try p2p around, they will be hit in a connection limit wall, that will cause painfully slow surfing, and drops of pages, untill p2p is turned off.

Maybe some day kerio will make something more useful for p2p block. (Like 'Application Control' in untangle firewall <- that thing detects bittorrents in any shape or form momentarily, very-very efficient, i must say)
Previous Topic: static route has no effect
Next Topic: Source IP VPN Client
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 09:45:40 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00440 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.