Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » how to identify which ring group is calling
  •  
hunter19

Send a private message to this user
Hello

We have several ring groups for different departments. Some extensions are members of more than one ring group.

When the extension rings, there appears to be no way to identify on the display of the telephone (Polycom IP 430) which ring group has generated the call. Sales, Support, Accounts, etc...

Have I missed an option in the configuration or is this simply not possible?

Thanks

•  
hunter19

Or if this is not possible, is it possible to see the 'interface name' defined when adding a SIP interface? I understand this is available in 3CX.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

unfortunately it is not possible. Only Call Queues support this. Feel free to fill the feature request using the suggest idea button.

Filip
  •  
hunter19

Thanks Filip, I will suggest this as an idea.

As a workaround for now, can you tell me how this can be setup using call queues?

Thanks
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

There is a field called "Prepend Caller ID with:" at the top of the Agents tab.

Would a similar thing in Ring Groups suit you?

Filip
  •  
hunter19

Is this in 2.1.4? I cannot see this in 'Edit Call Queue > Agents'.

I cannot use 2.2.0 due to problems with Polycom phones.
  •  
fishtech

I am doing this in Call Queues (Operator v 2.1.3) by using

Edit Call Queue > Announcements > Help agents identify the source queue by playing this announcement:

I recorded brief announcements such as "This is a Tech Support call." The agents hear this announcement just before they are connected to the caller.

hth,

ft.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

hunter19 wrote on Wed, 13 November 2013 10:25
Is this in 2.1.4?

No.
  •  
hunter19

I have just tested this "Prepend Caller ID with:" in 2.2.0 on a VM using Queues. This is exactly what we need on Ring Groups Smile

Hope you can include this in the next release.

Many thanks
Previous Topic: Provisioning errors since upgrading to 2.2.0 on Polycom phones
Next Topic: Backup route / SIP gateway failover
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 26 23:33:43 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00431 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.