Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Instant Messaging for two different domains on same Kerio Connect Server
  •  
Rvecchi@autocommerciale.i

Send a private message to this user
Hi Everybody,

I have one Kerio Connect server that hosts 2 different domains.

The two companies are part of the same group. I would like to implement a transparent system for Instant Messaging between the two companies, to make sure that those who authenticates with "USER<_at_>companyA" can see and interact with the users of companyA as well as users of CompanyB and vice versa.
Authentication to Kerio Connect is performed using explicit password (Active Directory Integration is not used).

Some additional details:
- Adding the SRV record on the local DNS, the system obviously points to the local domain (xxx.local) and not the Internet email domain;
- The local DNS server resolves only local domains (no Split Brain DNS) while for Internet resources external Forwarders are used.

How can i accomplish this? Is it possible?

Any suggestion is very appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Rob - Italy
  •  
Tomas Skoda (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Hi Rob,

of course this is possible.

You only need to enable XMPP Federation on Instant Messaging settings page (in Kerio Connect Web Administration). No DNS 'SRV server' record is needed unless you would like to communicate with people from domain not hosted on your server.

However DomainA users contact lists will not be auto populated with DomainB users (and viva versa). They need to add/authorize each other manually.

The 'Suggest Idea' button in Kerio Connect Web Admin is the right way to tell us that you really need inter-domain contact list synchronisation.

Cheers,
Tomas Skoda
Previous Topic: No subfolder update in Outlook 2010/2013 (KOFF 8.2.1)
Next Topic: Viewing Resource Calendars
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 12:01:46 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00401 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.