Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Feature Request (Sorry, I am out of votes!)
  •  
nhoague

Send a private message to this user
So, today I replaced an old NEC PBX with Operator and the customer loves everything about it! And then they asked me how they can schedule holiday greetings. I guess their old PBX allowed them to set a schedule for certain days that the greeting would be played.

So, what would be awesome, is if we could set a schedule for different auto attendants to be played!

Thanks.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

There already are time conditions. Do you mean adding a new type to cover days and months? Now you have to use the absolute type and update the entries every year.
  •  
Michael Ruffin

I'd be happy with a system that allowed you to enter certain holidays... or even just a simple day/night mode which can be toggled by a phone user. Our old Trixbox CE system used to allow us to switch from day to night mode, which would trigger a different call route (usually straight to a voicemail). Many of these could be setup and triggered by calling different numbers (eg. *281, *282, *283 etc).

This is a major issue for many of our clients now. One client in particular has a satellite office that has very irregular hours, and when no one is attending the office, it needs to divert to their main office. This is impossible to implement with time conditions. A simple day/night mode would resolve this issue.
  •  
nhoague

So, I think I figured it out! I can create multiple absolute entries for one defined time range, and then create an auto attendant to first check holidays, and if false, then run another time condition for business hours.

See attachment, correct?

•  
nhoague

+1 for night mode, however this newest customer was SUPER happy with time ranges. They were like, "you mean we don't have to remember to do night mode?" haha

But, I do agree, with irregular hours, that wouldn't work so well.
  •  
wild765

Filip,
I've seen this a few times in the forums, so I'm hoping I can help as I need this as well.

Think of the Day/Night is an IF for routing.
If Day then X else (Night) do Y.

This should be a feature that users can actually make a BLF/Speed Dial on the phone. Green for day, Red for Night. One press dials the feature, and then with a tone (and verbiage if the user waits that long) knows its been (de)activated.
Also, the feature should be available anywhere within a routing plan.

I've used this for other reasons with Asterisk/FreePbx such as where a C-level user wanted the ability to forward to his cell phone with 1-touch while roaming the office.

We need the day/night for both a school and preforming arts center. You'd be surprised how much we use it for the school as well.
Previous Topic: Epygi Quadro ISDN Gateway
Next Topic: PRI blues
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 19 17:24:16 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00463 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.