Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » IMAP and 200 Users, how fast should the drives be???
  •  
tek_san

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
what kind of discs are you using for your KMS IMAP Mailserver?
Is it SCSI or IDE, is it RAID or just one disc?
Have you ever measured the speed and are you satisfied with the over all disc performance?
I ask this questions because I may have to size a new KMS Server and would like to know your experiences on disc speed.
I use iometer form http://www.iometer.org/, which is available for linux and windows for the speed tests.
As a testsize I used 32k patterns and came to the notsofast speed of 2.5 mbytes/sec, while 170 Users were connected to the imap KMServer.
I have a proliant 320 with 1.1 GB RAM and a IDE Mirror configuration running w2k server and no other services on that machine.
Not one of our users is complaining about speed problems, but as we are hosting around 30 GB of maildata (and growing), I am a bit concerned about the speed of the IDE drives...
I would appreciate if you would report your disc speed and disc configuration.

regards

Oliver

KC 7.3.1, Win2003 in vsphere 4.1, store drive attached via iSCSI, OS drive attached via NFS.
220+ IMAP Accounts: 210 OSX Mail /Entourage Clients, 10 Outlook 2003 KOC Clients - iPhones, Nokia E66, HTC 4350
Archive:EMA Appliance, SpamFilter: Nospamproxy
  •  
Bob Johnston

Send a private message to this user
I too am interested in any opinions as I'll soon have a similar situation.

OS X, PowerMac G4, DP 1.25GHZ, 100 Users

ATA 7200 RPM or UWSCSI 10K RPM??

UWSCSI worth the extra cost compared to performance gain?

--
Bob Johnston

> From: tek_san <oliver.kess<at>mvg.de>
> Organization: Kerio
> Reply-To: kms<at>forum.kerio.com
> Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 16:29:15 +0200
> To: kms<at>forum.kerio.com
> Subject: [kms] IMAP and 200 Users, how fast should the drives be???
>
>
> Hi,
> what kind of discs are you using for your KMS IMAP Mailserver?
> Is it SCSI or IDE, is it RAID or just one disc?
> Have you ever measured the speed and are you satisfied with the over all disc
> performance?
> I ask this questions because I may have to size a new KMS Server and would
> like to know your experiences on disc speed.
> I use iometer form http://www.iometer.org/, which is available for linux and
> windows for the speed tests.
> As a testsize I used 32k patterns and came to the notsofast speed of 2.5
> mbytes/sec, while 170 Users were connected to the imap KMServer.
> I have a proliant 320 with 1.1 GB RAM and a IDE Mirror configuration running
> w2k server and no other services on that machine.
> Not one of our users is complaining about speed problems, but as we are
> hosting around 30 GB of maildata (and growing), I am a bit concerned about the
> speed of the IDE drives...
> I would appreciate if you would report your disc speed and disc configuration.
>
> regards
>
> Oliver
>
>
>

Previous Topic: What does this mean?
Next Topic: Re: Re: Re: KMS 6.0 -- Setting up something therejectsmessageswitha score greater than 10.0?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 22:42:59 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00398 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.