Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Anyone using a Grandstream GXW4104 FXO Gateway with Operator?
  •  
UnifiedTechs-Brian

Send a private message to this user
Is anyone using a Grandstream GXW410X series FXO Gateway to allow Operator to work with POTS lines? If it works it would seem like a much nicer way to add POTS ability to a system then PCI/PCIE Cards that require a PC to support or the larger Operator Box.

We have already purchased the gear and are looking for hints on how to configure properly.

Thanks,

- Brian
Kerio Preferred Partner, Reseller & Hosting Provider
Unified Technology Solutions
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

No experience with the FXO gateway. We've tested the GXW 4224 FXS gateway, though.
  •  
UnifiedTechs-Brian

Thanks, we have used their smaller FXS devices but good to know the GXW42XX Series works too.

Still interested in the FXO Gateways, we have ordered one, but the Quick Install Guide isn't much help.

- Brian
  •  
magicom

Hello,
I have just finished the configuration of GXW4104. I will send the configuration settings on this post but I am on a client right now and not in the office.Caller ID worked only after I have upgraded to the latest version 1.4.1.4. In general I followed the guide of the pdf document Grandstream has for the connection to Asterisk or Trixbox. If you are not in a hurry I will post the setting Friday 29th afternoon (Greece time) .

Regards
Stamos Achtidas
  •  
germanr

We tried several brands available in our country (Linksys, Micronet, Level One, Audiocodes) and settled for Patton Smartnode Gateways. Audio is really good (no echoe nor noises), Caller ID works fine and rock solid.

http://www.patton.com/products/product_detail.asp?id=51

Highly reccommended.
Best regards

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
UnifiedTechs-Brian

Magicom, Would love to see your settings. I will look for those PDFs you mentioned too.

germanr, Thanks for the heads up, if we don't like this box I'll give that one a look.

I would love to se Kerio publish an actual KB on how to set this up.

- Brian
  •  
magicom

Hello again,
I have attached the print screens of all the necessary settings for Kerio Operator and Grandstream GXW4104 connected with 4 POTS Lines in Greece.
The settings worked (especially the CallerID) only when I have upgraded the Grandstream firmware to version 1.4.1.4 .

Regards
Stamos Achtidas

•  
dmiller528

Thanks Magicom for the screen shots. It made configuring the device much easier. The only problem I have with it is the Caller ID name does not show up, just the number. Does your device do the same thing?

David
  •  
magicom

Well here in Greece I don't know if the providers send the name along with the phone number. I get only the phone number also. I haven't seen the name of the caller on my pbx or my clients which use other gateways.

Sorry
Stamos
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

@magicom,

Since this thread is about analog-to-SIP gateways, are you asking about the analog telephony? If so, the caller phone number is the maximum you will get from the analog phone line.

If you have a SIP connection, you can use Operator's built-in packet sniffer to capture the communication. After that, open the packet dump file in Wireshark/Ethereal to see what identification you get from the SIP carrier.

Vladimir
  •  
uri

to magicom and UnifiedTechs

Hello guys,

I've done all setting according posted here screenshots but kerio don't receive incoming calls!
Guys does your kerio receive incoming calls?

regards,
Alexey

•  
UnifiedTechs-Brian

Alexey,

We never got the job we needed it for, and we are 100% SIP in our office so we didn't test it. Would love to know if you do get it working.

- Brian
  •  
uri

Bad luck, but if I'll make it I'll let you know.
  •  
logictel

Digium and Sangoma Gateways work well too
  •  
uri

to magicom and UnifiedTechs and all who interested

Hello guys,

http://forums.kerio.com/mv/msg/24118/114778/#msg_114778

regards,
Alexey
Previous Topic: Unable to transfer calls on an Aastra 6755i
Next Topic: Caller ID problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 00:54:21 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00558 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.