Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » ActiveSync Problem with Kerio Connect 8.2.x
  •  
rtraf

Send a private message to this user
I have a problem with a Samsung I9001 connected via ActiveSync to Kerio Connect:

This phone worked flawlessly with the Kerio Connect series 8.1.x but after updating to any of the 8.2.x releases it stopped to sync email, calendar and contacts.
When trying to trigger the sync manually an error message appears that the mobile is unable to connect to the server.

After downgrading from 8.2.x to 8.1.x everything works again as expected.

Any ideas, help, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
  •  
Neil Whiteside (Kerio)

Hello,

Which OS are you running on the phone?

Have you tried deleting the Kerio profile on the phone, and removing the device from the user's account in Kerio Connect, and then set up from scratch?

Let me know if that helps.

Best regards,

Neil.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Looking for technical support? http://www.kerio.com/support
  •  
rtraf

Hi,

The mobile runs afaik Android 2.3.
According to the info displayed on the Kerio Connect mobile device panel it uses ActiveSync 12.0.
Unfortunately there is no way to copy & past all the info easily from the mobile device panel.

I removed the account from the mobile and recreated it several times already and also performed a complete factory reset -> no success!
I didn't try to remove the mobile device from Kerio Connect yet, but will try tonight and will let you know the result.

Thanks for this hint!
  •  
rtraf

Neil, I tested removing the mobile from the user in Kerio Connect -> still the same problem.

The mobile syncs up to 29/Oct/2013 and then stops with an error message that no connection to the server is possible.

According the the info in the mobile device tab of the user the sync status is 'OK', so the server somehow seems to think that everything is ok.

Calendar also has sync problems. The error log shows several messages like this:
[22/Nov/2013 22:04:05] ASyncCalendarData.cpp: ActiveSyncCalendarData::ReadAttendees: Invalid attendee: Name: User Name <User Email>, Address: , uid: <20060711131227.942472d7<_at_>Mail.Domain>

Contacts seem to be synced, but I'm not sure. Maybe they are cached on the mobile?

Anything else I could try?
  •  
Neil Whiteside (Kerio)

Hi,

My guess is that there is either a very large email or a corrupt email in or around the 29th October.

I would suggest that you use webmail (Not an email client app) to inspect the user's inbox and sent items around that date, and remove anything suspicious.

You may also want to empty the deleted items folder.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

Neil.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Looking for technical support? http://www.kerio.com/support
Previous Topic: How to hide "Deleted items" or "Search" folders from other users ?
Next Topic: Getting a list of used mail adresses
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 24 10:26:21 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00423 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.