Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » "Junk E-Mail" "Junk-Email1" "Junk E-Mail2" etc. (an old bug made a comeback)
  •  
sysopfromhell

Send a private message to this user
[img]./fa/3221/0/[/img]

Kerio creates new iterations for the "Junk E-Mail" folder in Outlook (what triggers this, btw?)

This was gone for years and now coming back (offline clients) with 8.2.x

• Attachment: kerio1.png
    (Size: 1.48KB, Downloaded 228 times)
  •  
joapalmer

We have the same issue, seem only to apply to Outlook for Windows users though?
  •  
JeroenKeerl

I raised a support ticket for this a while ago.
After some "research", the only advise I got, was to use IMAP instead of KOFF connector.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one experiencing this issue.
For now I have reset all "shared" accounts (multiple users using the same mailbox) to IMAP, since Kerio seemed positive about this causing this issue.

I'm very curious to see if Kerio is going to look into this matter now.

JK
  •  
joapalmer

Bad advice, if you ask me. We need KOFF for several reasons, IMAP does not work for us.
  •  
JeroenKeerl

Actually, I talked the owner of these mailboxes into consolidating 2 mailboxes into 1 (with an alias), so we could finally get rid of IMAP as well. It does work on Outlook, but it's slow and -depending on the version being used- it can be quite tricky to use (Sent items, Junk Mail, etc. etc).

So, to put it nicely, I was not really content with this "advice" from Kerio to reconfigure all clients back to IMAP again.

So, yet again: Kerio, what's up with KOFF and the multiple Junk Mail folders under Outlook?
  •  
Pavel Dostal (Kerio)

This issue is caused by the combination of KOFF and non-english IMAP client.

Sorry, until we fix it in KOFF, you can use either KOFF or IMAP, or you need erase those Junk E-mailXYZ folders.

Pavel Dostal
Kerio Technologies
  •  
JeroenKeerl

"Combination of KOFF and non-english IMAP-Client"?

Although my customer is using german clients, when using IMAP this does not happen.

So, apparently it seems to happen with non-english Outlook clients and KOFF.
When can we expect a fix for that?
  •  
Pavel Dostal (Kerio)

It happens when both KOFF and IMAP is accessing the same account. So you are right, it doesn't happen when using IMAP only. And it doesn't happen when using KOFF only.

It doesn't happen if IMAP client uses other localized name for Junk E-mail than Outlook with KOFF, however is it not very useful, as most users use all mail clients in same language version.

We plan to fix it, nevertheless I can't tell you when the solution will be available.

Pavel Dostal
Kerio Technologies
  •  
JeroenKeerl

So just because one user accesses one account with IMAP (Because his personal account is being accessed by KOFF) all other users must use IMAP to avoid this thing from happening.

Too bad the support team wasn't able to give me this information. Would have saved me hours of troubleshooting.

Is this bug being published anywhere, so others will not run into the same issue?
  •  
Pavel Dostal (Kerio)

Junk E-mail is not mandatory folder in shared store on Outlook. So if all KOFF users can access that mailbox as shared store and they don't see Junk E-mail folder (because they have no rights), this issue shouldn't occur.

Pavel Dostal
Kerio Technologies
Previous Topic: junk mail
Next Topic: System-wide FROM filter
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 16:39:18 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00476 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.