Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Webserver shared email boxes
  •  
jimf

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Question, is there any way in the web server to reply (or send, for that matter) emails from shared inboxes that use that boxes' default address. Here's an example of what I'm talking about.

We host two domains on our server, company1.com and company2.com - I have one email account in each domain. In my primary domain account, me<at>company1.com, I have mapped the shared inbox me<at>company2.com - so far so good. In the KMS webmail client I can log into my primary company1.com account and read emails from company2.com too. However, when responding to company2.com emails in the shared inbox, KMS webmail defaults to my company1.com address. There's a dropdown for multiple addresses in the reply window, but it only shows my default company1.com address.

In KMS administrator I tried to add secondary email alias to my primary user account but it will only support an alias from within the same domain as the primary email. Is there any way to include the secondary account, from a different domain on the same KMS server, as an alternate reply to address in the primary account's webmail interface?

[Updated on: Thu, 05 August 2004 00:16]

Jim
  •  
jonbrain

Hi

Go to users and add an alias for company2.com in the user you use for company1.com.
  •  
jimf

Hi, I tried it and it works fine for an alias within the same domain as the user's primary email. However, I'm looking to set up an alias to a secondary domain that is hosted on the same server. That doesn't appear to be an option.

Jim
  •  
kgreenwood

Has this question be answered? I am looking to do the same thing...

I want to logon the webmail and see a drop down with several "FROM" email addresses in it....

Example:

me<_at_>website1.com
me<_at_>abcde.com
me<_at_>domain.com

Just like I am able to do in Outlook.

What's the answer?

KG
  •  
peterj

Have you tried the settings in webmail

This option may allow you to put additional addresses from other domains not sure...

•  
kgreenwood

Still haven't gotten an answer from Kerio. And it seems to be a very simple question to answer. Can I set the Kerio Webmail up so that a single user that has multiple email addresses (example: user<_at_>domain1.com and user<_at_>totallyseperatedomain2.com) can receive AND send emails from each domain independently after they have signed in from a single domain? I don't want them to have to login to each domain to check and send all of their mail.... Can it be done? Yes or No?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

kgreenwood wrote on Fri, 24 December 2004 16:52

Still haven't gotten an answer from Kerio. And it seems to be a very simple question to answer. Can I set the Kerio Webmail up so that a single user that has multiple email addresses (example: user<_at_>domain1.com and user<_at_>totallyseperatedomain2.com) can receive AND send emails from each domain independently after they have signed in from a single domain? I don't want them to have to login to each domain to check and send all of their mail.... Can it be done? Yes or No?

Yes, if there is one domain and other domains are an aliases to this domain. You can specify more aliases for each user and choose correct From: address while sending e-mail.

Otherwise, pure domains defined in KMS (not aliases) are fully independent.
Previous Topic: McAfee AntiVirus Subscription - Updates as long as you own Kerio Mailserver?
Next Topic: KOC 6.0.5 Not Sending
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 01:31:43 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00453 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.