Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Update Kerio Connect 7.1.2 to 8.2.1 (need advise and pointers)
  •  
klr

Send a private message to this user
Hi. Im currently running Kerio Connect 7.1.2 build 2260 with 100 users on RHEL release 5.3 (Tikanga) on a Dell Poweredge 2850 and would like to upgrade to Kerio Connect 8.2.1, or second latest version, if its more stable.

I tried searching for this exact topic on google and on this forum but didnt get any favourable results.

Can I just do a 1 step direct upgrade?
Or do I have to do it in several steps according to the milestones packages? I remember a consultant came in years ago to do it in stages.
What are some things that I can expect to happen?
Can I undo the upgrade if it becomes unfavourable?

Please excuse me if I sound ridiculous cos its the first time Im trying to do a product update on a live email server for my company and I dont wana screw anything up. I'd appreciate any and all advise on this. I figured if I don't start learning to do it, I never will.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 November 2013 04:58]

•  
vomsupport

I just completed an upgrade (200 users)from 7.4.3 to 8.1.3 on Centos 6

Went flawless but expect some users that have large mailboxes to complain about the time it takes to upgrade their cache.

Best to do it off hours..

•  
klr

Thanks for sharing!

So do you reckon I upgrade from 7.1.2 to 7.4.3 first before doing a direct upgrade to 8.2.1?

I will be doing it after office hours with about 1 hr downtime max. I'll backing up all the mailstore and configs first.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

If your users use Outlook, make sure that Kerio Updater Service ( http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/email-clients/keri o-outlook-connector/kerio-updater-service-installation-188.h tml) is installed on all client computers before updating the server. Otherwise all Kerio Outlook Connectors must be upgraded manually.
  •  
klr

Thanks I was just reading through that!

My users aren't using KOC for now. We're on POP3. Cool
  •  
klr

I plan to upgrade from...

... 7.1.2 to 7.2.0 ...
... 7.2.0 to 7.4.3 ...
... 7.4.3 to 8.2.1

I read somewhere that for 8.2.1 running on linux, there are some dependencies that need to be installed prior. Can't remember where exactly I read that.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

klr wrote on Tue, 26 November 2013 09:49

I read somewhere that for 8.2.1 running on linux, there are some dependencies that need to be installed prior. Can't remember where exactly I read that.

Probably in the Release notes.
  •  
klr

Pavel Dobry (Kerio) wrote on Tue, 26 November 2013 09:59
klr wrote on Tue, 26 November 2013 09:49

Probably in the Release notes.

Yup that's where I read it Very Happy

I did the upgrade successfully from 7.1.2 to 7.2.0 to 7.4.3. It was a straight-forward stop kerio-connect service, install update, then restart services.

My next step is to install the linux dependencies and update to 8.2.1.
  •  
klr

Just installed sysstat using this link: http:// www.ehowstuff.com/how-to-install-sysstat-on-centos-5-7-linux -server/ and verified its running but when I tried installing KC 8.2.1 I get error:

error: Failed dependencies:
sysstat is needed by kerio-connect-8.2.1.2096-1.i386

Confused

Currently running KC-7.4.3 RHEL release 5.3 (Tikanga)
Previous Topic: Message to "all" mailboxes
Next Topic: KOFF Outlook Problem with shared folders/calendars
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 02:58:23 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00512 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.