Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Several calendar problems with Outlook 2011 for Mac
  •  
Grabsteinschubser

Send a private message to this user
Hello there,

we have several problems with the calender in Outlook 2011 for Mac. Most of them have to do with recurring events:

1. sometimes an event invitation is sent but no one of the invented users receive the invitation. (In the Kerio logfiles it also does not appear.)
2. sometimes accepted invitations are not shown to the sender.
3. sometimes when an user accepts an invitation the event is not shown in his calendar. But the sender can see that the user has confirmed the invitation.
4. events are shown one or two hours earlier or later as they take place.
5. if events are moved by the organizer they are still on the same date on the users calendar.
6. booked ressources (like conference rooms) become available although they are not. It seems this happens when one single event of a recurring event is deleted or moved. Maybe it happens only to users that cancel their attendance.
7. sometimes moved single events from a recurring event are not shown anymore in the users calendar.
8. sometimes recurring events dissappear.

So, I hope I did not forget a problem... Rolling Eyes

Users using Outlook for Windows or Kerio Connect Webclient do not have any problems. I have to say that our CEOs consider that there were less problems using Office 365 with Outlook for Mac.

PS: We are using Kerio Connect 8.2.1 and Outlook 2011 for Mac with all available patches.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 November 2013 15:29]

•  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

I'm quite sure that these scenarios work under common circumstances. Please can you enable logging (see http://kb.kerio.com/article.php?id=1053) and try to reproduce the problem? I understand it happens only sometimes, but you can leave the logging enabled and then please send only relevant part of the logs (or let me know when the problem occured).
I can't see any common cause for all described faults except slow internet connection. Moved event start time could be caused by different setting of timezone.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
  •  
Grabsteinschubser

Thank you for your answer. I will try to reproduce the problems and send you the log files.
  •  
grid

We have similar issues with Outlook 2011 Calendar and Kerio 8.3.1.

Are there any solutions for the Problems ?
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

I'm sorry but this problem was never reported again, so there is no progress. If you are able to reproduce the problem, please send the logs.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
  •  
Grabsteinschubser

Hello, I was not able to reproduce the problem (my Outlook 2011 on my testing machine works fine) but it reappears from time to time. Currently (with Kerio 8.3.3) there are problems with points 2, 3, 7 and 8.

Last year (after Pavel answered) logging was enabled for a couple of days but my users disabled it because Outlook-Logs got much to big (>100MB/day) and everytime Outlook starts it asks if logging can be disabled. So my users were annoyed.
  •  
perennialdesign

We have experienced many of the problems described above, but by far the most frustrating one is recurring events on Mac Outlook. Whenever a recurring event is modified in Outlook 2011 the update is rarely pushed successfully to all attendees. In some cases the first change pushes fine, but as the recurring event is manipulated further by adding attendee's or changing the time, it eventually breaks and people become confused and frustrated. I have resorted to advising people to only use a recurring event if you don't plan on modifying it. Otherwise keep the events independent.
Previous Topic: Error 403 when accessing delegate calendar in Kerio 8.2
Next Topic: Kerio Connect 8.3.3 release
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Apr 24 17:14:02 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07601 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.