Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Invites in public shared Calendars not working
  •  
Spacey

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
we recently moved our company calendars from iCloud to Kerio. I managed to transfer the content of the calendars via the iCal Export-Feature and imported the .ics files into Outlook. That was necessary because iCal brought up tons of errors while importing the dates. The way via Outlook and the switching to the old webmailinterface and calendar / date LISTING view was perfect. Mark all and move worked then.

Now my problem:

We use the iCal invite system to invite other people to meetings for example. When I respond (-> accept) to such an event I get an error:

[img][url]http://imageshack.com/a/img4/5953/yl3k.png[/url][/img]

What's wrong here?!

[Updated on: Thu, 05 December 2013 11:00]

•  
Spacey

OK I'm a bit more further:

The person meeting invitation system works with private calendars: I can create an event in m personal calendar and then invite other people. They can accept and the event will be shown in their private calendar.

What I want is to create an event in a shared public calendar (I've got ownership and/or "change" rights on that!). Doing this gives me 403 error's.

What's wrong here?! Anyone from Kerio up to this?! Thanks a lot!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

In iCal you can create a meeting invitation only in your private or delegated calendar (on behalf of another user). Shared calendars (and public) are not designed to host meetings.
  •  
Spacey

That's too bad to hear but maybe an idea for the future:

We used shared calendars for our company. Of course we put in there important meetings and events so that a group of people could / should see them. And to get the attention of the relevant people we want to invite them.

Delegated calenders won't help here - and private cals only not as well since the event isn't shown to the others who should see as well that there something is happening.

(Not) Possible at all?!

Before we moved our company shared calendars we used a shared personal cal from iCloud - there it worked.

Thanks a lot!
  •  
p0ddie

Dedicate a user account in Kerio and call it e.g. "meetings" or something. Delegate it to everybody, voila, you can send invites and accept responses. Costs you one license tho...
  •  
Spacey

Great idea & workaround - but then you got the "whole" delegated eMail-folder as well, eh?! A bit annoying to have stuff which you don't need. The calendar sorting "Stellvertretungen isn't very nice as well - you got the normal Kerio section and then additionally the "Stellvertretungen".

So the nicest solution would be that the normal shared calendars can be used with invitations as well! Should be possible at all because the iCloud cal service offers that option.
  •  
miless

Unfortunately, delegation removes the option for any sort of granularity in permissions... If I have multiple calendars in a dedicated account like p0ddie mentioned, I can't have different permissions on each one for different users. Given that different shared departmental calendars have different privacy / control needs, this is a problem. While I could always create a new dedicated account for each departmental calendar, this would use up a lot of licenses.

Before this change, this wasn't an issue, but now we have to choose between shared calendars that don't support invitations and delegated calendars that are fully writable by everyone.
  •  
  •  
Spacey

miless wrote on Thu, 09 January 2014 21:14
I've submitted a feature request if anyone would like to vote on it:

http://feedback.kerio.com/forums/29250-kerio-connect/suggest ions/5333250-allow-invitations-to-events-in-shared-calendars

Unfortunately I don't have access to this forum?!?!?
  •  
miless

My apologies: the easiest way to get to feature requests would probably be to log into your Kerio Connect admin interface and click on the Suggest Idea button at the bottom of the dashboard. I'd thought direct linking would work, but it looks like it doesn't.
  •  
Spacey

If you go through the Kerio Connect backend via your suggested button I can access that area - thanks!
  •  
max case

anyway, moving shared calendar entries also doesn't work anymore for read/write clients.
  •  
max case

today i had a phone call with the kerio support, they said it was always a bug/feature which resolved in the new release:

Version 8.2.2 - December 12, 2013
Kerio Connect
+ Added support for default event alarms in Apple Calendar on Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
- Improved stability during synchronization via Exchange ActiveSync.
- Calendar events created on BlackBerry device with OS 10.2 are correctly synchronized to Kerio Connect now.
- Read-only shared calendars no longer show meeting invitations in Apple Calendar.
- Resources were not auto-completed in Apple Calendar on Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
- Shared calendars have initialy the same color as they have in owner's mailbox.

so, they recommended using resources instead of shared calendars, which is not an option for us.
we decided to activate the delegation, which works now. even if you can not set any rights, people work as usual.

another solution would be a downgrade to an earlier release. hope the update enable the bug again!
Previous Topic: Upgrading 7.4.3 to 8.2.2, OSX... gotchas?
Next Topic: External Antivirus and Kerio Connect Server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Aug 18 14:55:14 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00474 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.