Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » BACKUP: XMPP database backup request failed. XMPP backup will be skipped. (XMPPS Service running correctly but Backup of Databases failing)
  •  
simonkenning

Send a private message to this user
Hello Everyone,

I suddenly started having problems with Instant Messaging yesterday. The service has been running fine until now. The XMPPS service would not start, but I have repaired this problem.

I have deleted the databases and allowed Kerio Connect to rebuild them, but it is still causing the Backup to run slowly and then the Backup skips the XMPP databases.

I have also tried repairing Kerio Connect by running the installer again.

There are no reported problems with Certificates either.

Here is the Error Log entry:
[05/Dec/2013 06:10:15] backup.cpp: BACKUP: XMPP database backup request failed. XMPP backup will be skipped.

Kerio Connect is running on:

OSX 10.9 Mavericks Server

Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Simon Kenning
  •  
Tomas Skoda (Kerio)

Hi Simon

To be able to help you I need server logs (with IM debug log enabled), logs from store/xmpp/logs folder and output of command (update path to database folder if necessary)
sudo ls -alR /usr/local/Kerio/mailserver/store/xmpp/database'
All this from the time when backup runs.

You can use your favourite sharing service and send me link in PM.

Thanks,
Tomas Skoda
  •  
simonkenning

Hi Tomas,

Thank you for your reply. Very helpful.

I have just PM you with links to the files.

Thanks,
Simon Kenning
  •  
malkm

Was this ever resolved as I'm getting the same error
  •  
Tomas Skoda (Kerio)

XMPP service on your server probably doesn't run (in the backup time) thus it can't perform the backup procedure. I'm unable to find the real cause why it isn't running without looking into logs (see my first response to Simon).

Few tips:
- Haven't you manually disabled the xmpp service in mailserver.cfg?
- Aren't you blocking connections to admin-api (port 4040) on 127.0.0.1?

You can either contact our Technical Support or send me the logs in PM.

Cheers,
Tomas
Previous Topic: Spam filter is not adaptive
Next Topic: Impossible to create a new event in the calendar
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 00:10:00 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00416 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.