Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » User level white listing (I must be doing something wrong)
  •  
Lyle M

Send a private message to this user
Over the years, I've had users complain that marking an item as 'not spam' or adding a sender to their address book or white list had no discernible effect.

Since we upgraded to the 8.x version, I've noticed that the new web client has even done away with the 'add sender to whitelist' option.

At this point, my department has been handling all the white list requests by manually adding them to the list of custom rules. This appears to be the only place that we can offset spam assassin and blacklist scoring and allow the message to be delivered.

I'd like to put a stop to this, but I'm just not seeing a way to allow users to control their own whitelisting. What the heck am I missing here? I scanned through the end user PDF manual and it doesn't even mention white lists. Please tell me there's a way for users to say, "if this email address tries to send me something, just deliver it to me, darn it!"

Thanks, and apologies if I've missing something really obvious.
  •  
Lyle M

Send a private message to this user
Ok, I read something indicating that the user white list for the new Connect Client is now completely based on the address book. This explains the absence of the 'add sender to whitelist' option.

However, I'm also not seeing the 'add sender to address book' option. I'm still on 8.1.3 (due to concerns with the calendar sharing vs. delegate fun). I did check the 8.2.2 demo site, and it too is missing the 'add sender to address book' option.

I located a posting for this feature on the kerio feedback page with 50+ votes:

"Add sender's mail to address book by clicking right button on his e-mail message (like in old kerio webclient)"

If anyone has a few spare votes... Smile
Previous Topic: Organizing Calendars in OSX 10.8
Next Topic: DKIM and BlackBerry devices
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 01:05:14 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00395 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.