Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » PC cannot ping Kerio Control after restart
  •  
MrVee

Send a private message to this user
Hi guys, I kinda at a loss here and hoping someone can help.

We have a very niche type setup here and was looking for a product that will serve our need. One of my suppliers suggested I have a look at Kerio Control and gave me a trial dvd.

FYI, I'm busy downloading 8.2.1 from the site, the trial I was given was for 8.1.0. I'm hoping the newer version will solve the problem.

I'll ask in anycase, maybe I'm just missing something very simple.

I have Kerio Control installed on a Hyper-V VM. It works absolutely fantastic until I restart the client (Laptop). After which I am unable to connect to the internet or kerio again. I even cannot ping the Kerio server.

I then try to ping the client from Kerio and all of the sudden everything will work perfect again. Until the next time the pc goes into sleep mode or restart.

I've also noticed that if I open up a network interface, not changing anything, and then save it, the connection to the Kerio server comes back.

This is very odd, and I can not think of where to look.

I've disabled:

Intrusion Prevention
Anti-Virus
Caching

If I can get this one issue resolved I'll be very happy with the product and it will work perfect for us.

Could someone please help?

[Updated on: Thu, 12 December 2013 15:58]

•  
sorat

This is not Kerio itself, do you really think such behaviour would go on this long, and nobody noticed (as if it was supposed bug)?
If you use virtualization, i'd look at awry settings alongside windows. Or better yet, download old version 7.4 the last one natively running in windows without medium.
  •  
MrVee

Hi Sorat, thanks for the reply.

I have installed the same image on stand-alone hardware. I'm getting the same result.

I'm sure if it was a bug, someone else would have noticed also. Probably why I asked the question.

Having ruled Hyper-V out as the issue, and also experiencing the same issue on two different version's of Kerio, I'm sure the issue is probably misconfiguration.

Any pointers to what I could look at or should investigate would be awesome.

Kerio 7.4 does not support VLAN, would not work in my case.
  •  
sorat

7.4 does not need innate vlans, because you configure them in windows, typically by network card utility from appropriate vendor (realtek, for example).
Post firewall rules screenshot and interfaces screenshot.
  •  
Rezaf

i have this issue too. every time I restart my computer it cant ping kerio control anymore and also cant connect to interne until I ping it from kerio then everything is ok. but i use kerio control 9.1
and its not virtual...
if anyone can help me i would be thankful
Previous Topic: exclude an ip in ip adress group
Next Topic: And Two Content rules
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 16:42:27 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00417 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.