Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » HP Microserver Gen8 ok for Kerio Control 8.2.1
  •  
micktech

Send a private message to this user
We initially evaluated Kerio Control 8.2.x on a HP Microserver which seems to run fine (apart from a possibly non-hw related speed issue).

However we have now purchased full licenses, and I was about to buy a new Microserver Gen8 device, to use for real.

Anyone know if KC 8.2.x runs ok on the Gen8 version of the Microservers? Not so easy to find out for definite.

Thanks
  •  
sorat

Uh, noob question. Its like asking if windows 8 will install on this or that hw.
  •  
micktech

>>Its like asking if windows 8 will install on this or that hw. <<

Confused - as the above would be a valid question (e.g. if no drivers existed in the standard build of Windows 8 for a particular NIC...)

I did go looking for info on what hardware was ok with the specified Linux kernel mentioned by Kerio (to a .jp site recommended) but actually it was a bit vague, just saying 'Microserver' without specifying the version of the Microservers that were supported.

Sorat = everyone starts off as a 'noob' in a subject at some time, even you. If you don't like helping 'noobs', just walk on by - no need to point out to the 'noob' that s/he is a 'noob', since that is probably self-evident...

•  
sorat

I just said the question was noob, not precisely the person asking it. Indeed you would've noticed it was self-evident, by observing that time passes, and nobody cares to answer this.
So, saved your time, you would spent waiting, by pointing out, and invoking your critical thought to work on why someone said its pointless to ask such things.
  •  
micktech

Sorat, you seem to hold the opinion that other people are 'stupid' yet you seem to enjoy wasting your own time to tell them this - so I am not altogether sure who is the more foolish...

Personally, if I think someone is being foolish (for example, asking a question yet giving very little information) I simply walk on by and deal with more deserving questions instead.

If effectively pointing to other people and calling them 'stupid' makes you feel good inside, you should ask yourself how you have arrived at this situation, because it is not a positive state to be in.

Unless you feel able to respond to my questions in a more positive manner, please ignore them - as I shall ignore your comments.
  •  
sorat

The common template of psychoanalysis, hastly applied around on people yelds far worse results in the end. You should preach less, and listen more, because the yesterday's usual conjecture already started failing you.
  •  
micktech

"Love, not War" ;o)
  •  
chrwei

I have a gen8 micro. I'm running debian based distro on it with a 3.12 kernel and everything works fine, I've also used a 2.6.32 kernel and it all worked too. Control 8.2 is a 3.2 kernel and includes the Broadcom nic driver (tg3) so I'd expect it to all work fine as well.

one thing to note, the built-in RAID card is pseudo-software raid like desktop mainboards have. I don't know if Control supports that. If you want raid I recommend a low profile HP raid card. I'm using an Adaptec 3405 and it works, but it's not a great card.

I have Control on the Gen8 running as a KVM virtual machine and it's working fairly well. I do have a network performance issue with a VPN tunnel, but I'm pretty sure it's a config issue on the other end, which is also Control but on an ESXi 4.1 system.
Previous Topic: dns resolution for dhcp clients
Next Topic: Update schedule
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 23:42:24 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00459 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.