Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Sending Faxes from Operator Client and Timeout setting
  •  
blswjames

Send a private message to this user
Some fax numbers we send faxes to wait for several rings before they pick up. I can't seem to find where to increase the timeout value so that the Operator client waits longer for the remote end to pick up before it fails. Is there a way to set this?
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

unfortunately it is hardcoded in asterisk. I will try to create a patch to make it longer or configurable. What limit would suit you?

Filip
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

I have made some measurements and the timeout was approximately 1.5 minutes. Do you find it short, or do you have a different experience?
  •  
blswjames

It seems shorter (about 10 seconds) based on the time elapsed in the Kerio Client web interface. But it appears to be working just fine to other numbers, so it might be the remote end that's misbehaving. Minute and a half sure seems like plenty of time to me.
  •  
blswjames

Maybe it's not a timeout issue after all. Perhaps the reason it seems like a short duration is due to a failed handshake?

I finally got a user to forward some of their "Failed to transmit a fax message for" emails from Operator. Here is the reason it states for the failure:

Reason: Failed to train with any of the compatible modems

People are telling me that it sometimes works, but the general perception from them is that it usually does not, and they are just using the legacy fax machines instead. Personally, it always seems to go through for my own facsimiles, and I get the success emails. So I don't know if they are dialing wrong numbers or something, but they insist (and I have observed) that they appear to be doing everything correctly.

[Updated on: Mon, 06 January 2014 17:35]

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

the error might mean that the line quality was too low for the faxes to communicate. Is there a sip provider or are we talking about a PRI/BRI line?

In case the provider is SIP, is the T.38 codec used?

Filip
  •  
blswjames

All of the outbound lines are PRI, using the Digium TE122 that shipped with the Operator Box 3210 appliance.

All of the legacy fax machines they are using still send just fine, including to the number that Operator is failing with. Those are not using T.38 either, as they are all older multifunction fax/copy machines from the 20th century. We did, however, alter their configurations so that they operate at 9600 baud.

So at least they have a work-around in place. The ideal plan going forward is to not purchase any new fax machines, but to instead receive them in their email INBOX and send them using the Operator web client.

Previous Topic: Preserve caller ID
Next Topic: Caller ID
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 00:35:49 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00470 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.