Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Contacts are on iPhone but not on server, how do I get them?
  •  
p0ddie

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I recently started supporting a customer still using Kerio Connect 7.1.3 on a Mac mini server.

Weird thing: His iPhone which is connected to the server with ActiveSync has 510 contacts, but his account has only like 20 contacts in Kerio. They show under the Exchange account in the address book of the iPhone (if I deselect the Exchange contacts, they are gone). These contacts are nowhere to be found on the server.

- not in the GAL
- not corrupted but present (checked the #msg folder on the server in contacts, just a few in there)

However, if I create a new contact on the iPhone, it will be synced to the server. If I create a contact on the server, it will be synced to the iPhone.

Of course, these 510 contacts are really important (first thing was to do a backup of the iPhone but I doubt the contacts will be in there).

I also tried to sync the iPhone contacts in iTunes, nothing happened.

Do you have any idea on how this might have happened and more importantly, how to save the contacts from the iphone (without sending all of them as an attachment which is a last resort)...?

Thanks!
  •  
camisy

maybe this is helpful: http://mycontactsbackup.globile.biz

May it be possible that not all contacts are from Kerio connect address book but from some other sources? Eg on the iPhone itself, iCloud...
  •  
Mark Price (Kerio)

Hi there P0ddie,

I believe the default setting on an iPhone is to save contacts to the 'default' contacts folder, which will be local. you can change it so that you save direct to your Kerio contacts folder. You would need to manually edit these contacts and then save here. or if you have your contacts synced locally, try copying them over to your Kerio contacts via your contacts client.

I hope this helps!

Mark Price
Kerio technical support.

Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
Previous Topic: Detecting SPAM with image
Next Topic: Z10 sent flag
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 06:53:02 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00469 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.