Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio email connection issue (webmail, macmail)
  •  
Howell Rees

Send a private message to this user
HI
I hope someone can help me here. I am new to Kerio and have an issue with a client in connecting to their Kerio email. They are all Macs. And everyone else is fine except this one person. They have a Mac running 10.8.5. No one is using Mavericks. He has internet access and see everything else on the network with no problems at all. I have checked his settings and they are exactly correct like everyone else. He is using Mac Mail and it will not go online. As soon as you put it online, it then goes offline. I have used the connect doctor and this is what it says:
Connection status: mail was able to connect to the internet
Account name: Kerio SMTP Connection and login to server succeeded
Account name: Server (I've taken the server name away) Exchange IMAP: Trying to log in to this exchange imap account failed. Verify that the username and password are correct. Also verify that the server supports MD5 Challenge response authentication. If it does not, choose an appropriate authentication setting in the advanced tab of the account preferences.

The authentication is correct as I have checked with other users.
Thanks and all suggestions greatfully appreciated.
Howell Rees
  •  
Neil Whiteside (Kerio)

Hello Howell,

As a quick check - can you try logging in via Kerio Connect Client (Webmail) - just to confirm that the account is working?

Best regards,

Neil.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Looking for technical support? http://www.kerio.com/support
  •  
Howell Rees

Hi Neil
connecting to webmail was sporadic. one minute it would and then it wouldnt. Unfortunately I had to get this fixed quickly so I did a timemachine restore of the mail folder back to before it failed and this fixed it. so unfortunately I was not able to find what was wrong and know for the future. But any suggestions on what to look out for in the future would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Howell Rees
Previous Topic: Kerio email connection issue
Next Topic: rDNS fix
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 22:23:00 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00392 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.