Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » [SOLVED] Phones with override files always shown as outdated config
  •  
Silverstar

Send a private message to this user
Hi folks,

can anyone confirm that phones with override files on tftp are always shown as if they have an outdated config?

./fa/3256/0/

Greetz
Silverstar

PS: Using KO 2.2.1 build 2435

[Updated on: Mon, 06 January 2014 14:04]

•  
fsupport

personaly i also had some problems with the outdated config.
for me i had to remove all provisioned phones and reboot kerio.
after that i could set everything up again.

not a method of choice ofc but it worked:)
  •  
Silverstar

fsupport,

do you have any override files on tftp?
  •  
fsupport

only used the normal Override option in kerio itself.
added about 10 lines orso.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

the notification (blue icon) should disappear immediately when a phone asks for the configuration file. If it stays there, it means that the phone didn't update the configuration. You can confirm this by running packet-dump or observing the provisioning debug log.

Filip
  •  
Silverstar

Hi Filip,

thanks for jumping in.
For those snoms with a per MAC-address file on KOs TFTP (additionally to the regular snom-760 file, the blue icons won't disappear while the phones geeting new settings just like normal.

Silverstar
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Yes, you are right, I get it know.

When files in /var/tftp are used instead of the provisioning generator, Operator doesn't remove the notification. It simply can't because it knows nothing about the files.
  •  
Silverstar

Speaking about the provisioning generator: do I have the possibility of overrides for individual phones or only globally?

--> For our scenario I need one global config und some per phones configs.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

The feature was designed for global changes, but with the aid of php conditions you can make overrides per phone. See < http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-operator/phone-provisionin g/editing-provisioning-templates-1532.html>.
  •  
Silverstar

That sounds promising Smile
I've to dive somewhat deeper into this.

Thank you!
Previous Topic: transfer timer
Next Topic: Echo Canceller Errors
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 12:48:24 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00509 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.