Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS 6.0, Kerio Outlook Connector and ActiveSync
  •  
Jonas Quinn

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

Does anybody have experience with Kerio Outlook Connector and ActiveSync? Because I have some problems with syncing contacts. All the other parts syncs just fine, but with the contacts I get errors and I can't sync. Does anybody else have the same problems??
  •  
antlane

I'm having problems too. Some contacts which are already on the server don't get transferred to my device (a smartphone), sometimes changes that i make to a contact on the server don't get reflected on my phone, and when I create a contact on the phone, I can't get it to transfer to the server (I get an error: 80180403 in activesync). I've copied all information over to a personal file and it syncs perfectly.

Are there any plans to fix this as at present, I've had to stop using the KOC which is a real pain?
  •  
antlane

Sorry, forgot to mention another error (well I think it's an error) - mail doesn't sync up either. If a new piece comes in, it syncs over but as soon as I read the mail on my computer, it disappears from my phone again. I've just copied some mail into the local folders, tried syncing again, and this time, the mails remain until I delete them from the local folders.
  •  
Jonas Quinn

I had a bug-report about this subject with Kerio. We figured out it has to do with the .PST files. KOC works without those files and ActiveSync uses those files.

The next release of KMS (6.0.2) will have Offline-support and use the .PST files. Probably the problem is fixed then. But this is not sure yet. We have to wait for the new version to figure it out. Else the bug-report will be opened again as unsolved.
  •  
Jonas Quinn

Yesterday I get an email from Kerio. I quoted the mail below:

Quote:

Offline mode will not be supported until sometime after 6.1 comes out. This is not even for another few months. Also, we are working on SyncML support which can probably do everything you want to do. But, again, it is not slated but for the future.

[Updated on: Wed, 29 September 2004 11:52]

•  
jonbrain

I may be being nieve here but surely adding Offline Support is not that big a deal?

This really is essential and personally I don't think kerio 6 should have been released without it.

This is very worrying that it may be longer than two months away!!!
  •  
Dr.Twister

I agree. And to bump this up to the beginning again... I came to this forum to find some help on how to resolve the KOC offline viewing / synch problem, just to discover it's not even an option... so sad...

Yea, please I'm getting pounded over my head from co-workers as to why they can't read their mail offline. Save my head, add it in KOC 6.0.4 :)

Chris

..or if anyone has found a nice work around using Outlook 2003, please share.
  •  
peterj

I can't believe offline support is now "several months" away.

I was told many times this would be in 6.0.2

I have customers who are contantly complaining about this. I would have thought that KMS6 should never have been released if this were not available.

Webmail is flaky & KOC far too slow on a dial-up. The only way I have managed to shut people up is with squirrelmail (3rd Party) so they can have some decent remote access but offline is what they really want.

!!!!!!!!

I too would be V interested in any workaround method for syncing/copying to a PST - Just so calendar can be read offline even...!!

Regds,

Peter
  •  
Dr.Twister

From what I understand, this is a huge problem in Outlook, but as you suggested, some other email programs have the ability built in. I believe Netscape for instance will all support for offline email viewing, however you do not get the calendar. The calendar is a big plus to using the KOC. I'm just now rolling out KMS6 to our company because I was told it was wonderful... from what I can see so far, I like it - but I can only imagine what comments I'll get when they can't access it offline.

Chris
  •  
jonbrain

We need a definite answer from Kerio regarding this. I want to know exactly when it is going to be available.

With the release of 6.02, Kerio seemed on its way to being a really good mail server, but was still lacking Offline support. I expected this to be in 6.03. Instead 6.03 broke existing essential functionality and added very little.

> If you move a folder in Outlook you can no longer view it.
> Search folders no longer work.
> Reminders have stopped working.

This is all stuff that should have been tested before releasing it.

Also our users when sending email in Outlook regulary get the error:

0x8004140a:ER_IMAP_EUTHENTICATE

I never thought I would say it but moving back to Exchange is getting more tempting by the day.

Previous Topic: Webmail: Customization??
Next Topic: 0x8004140a:ER_IMAP_EUTHENTICATE
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 00:24:13 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00530 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.