Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » System Fault
  •  
Scott

Send a private message to this user
Approx 2pm 12/31/13 my Control Installation starting emailing connectivity errors from both my internet connections. This being odd for both connection to error at the exact same time I start investigating. Upon logging into the we interface a System Fault error was displayed. I clicked on that error and it only gave me a submission form to send the error to Kerio. This issue has reoccurred multiple times with no rhyme or reason. I have found no coloration between traffic, time, etc. I have noticed that when these errors occur all connections are dropped and the up time in the web interface looks as it has been reset as when reconnecting to interface it shows only a few minutes. Checking the up time via SSH shows the OS itself is not getting rebooting due to up time show in excess of 1 day. This issue just started happening. The firewall's configuration has not been touched for over 1 month.

Thinking this maybe a hardware problem I switched out hard drives. I stopped swapping out parts when I realized the actual machine itself was rebooting looks like control software itself is.

Questions...

1. Has anyone run into this issue and give me an idea of where to look?

2. Where is the information for the system fault error stored on the filesystem? I would like to be able to look at this data if possible.

Thanks,

Scott
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Scott,

Have you checked the Kerio Control error and warning logs at the time the machine is rebooting?

Also there is a link on our website to check if the hardware is supported on the machine you are using:

http://kmuto.jp/debian/hcl/

This might help as you can then check if there is a hardware issue.

I hope this helps,
Vicky

Vicky Tripp
Kerio Technical Support Engineer
  •  
pstavros1967

This error has been going on for months with me. IT all started with version 8.6 never had this issue before it. I have a ticket (NMJ-236869) that was opened but it's been a month since Kerio gave me an update last, they are working on it, is what they told me. I have submitted the error report God knows how home many times and yet they still do not have an answer. May I ask what hardware are you using for your firewall setup? Mine is below:

LianLi LI PC-Q08B case
supermicro mbd-x7spe-hf-d525 motherboard
4GB memory 2x2GB G.Skill
intel 4 port server NIC
64GB SSD
Seasonic Platinum Series SS-400FL2 power supply

At the request of Kerio I shut off the IPMI interface, but that did not stop the issue.
  •  
moro666

I have the same error, looks like it started since kerio 8.6

1- looks like it's Kerio control engine who get restart, NOT the whole system

2- it happen at random times, but i noticed the restart not happen at late night, looks like it depending on load times

3- when this restart happen, my web interface settings @ (Active hosts)
get reset to defaults,, (all columns like TX, RX, Protocol..etc) disappear and i have to show them again (then at next random restart they are gone) !!!

4- sometimes security logs shows something about (kerio startup)

5- system uptime are rest

kerio 8.6.2 (latest update) didn't fix this

I'll keep looking to this thread, and boosting any new info,,

Mohammad Habeeb
  •  
moro666

today I got 2 random restarts

[25/Oct/2015 22:06:14] Kerio Control 8.6.2 build 3847: Startup
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[26/Oct/2015 00:26:34] Kerio Control 8.6.2 build 3847: Startup

Normally i was getting 5-7 restarts during 24 hours, most of them happen between 6:00PM to 12:00PM

i'll keep monitoring ... Sad

Mohammad Habeeb
  •  
mojo-jojo

Do you have a web-server behind Kerio Control?
Previous Topic: VPN Certificate [Kerio VPN Client]
Next Topic: Reverse proxy in 9.1 does not work properly.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Dec 05 09:27:11 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01167 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.